@Nickyboy's Leeds to Scarborough Spectacular, brought to you by @I like Skol. 8th Sept 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has someone just accidentally sent me a text message about their train to Leeds being cancelled?

@I like Skol it dose brake my heart to say this :
I regret to say I will not be able to do the ride tomorrow as result of a spine injury which I was hoping to get better but not really.Mri scan shows I have spondylitis of grade one on my L4-L5 .i can't bend anymore and cycling will make it worse .i only need rest for a bit.really really sorry .
Wish all the best in ride I will follow all posts.:sad:

Really sorry to hear this. @alibaba.

Get well soon.

Buck

Guru
@I like Skol it dose brake my heart to say this :
I regret to say I will not be able to do the ride tomorrow as result of a spine injury which I was hoping to get better but not really.Mri scan shows I have spondylitis of grade one on my L4-L5 .i can't bend anymore and cycling will make it worse .i only need rest for a bit.really really sorry .
Wish all the best in ride I will follow all posts.:sad:

I’m feeling your pain @alibaba The reason I’m absent is that my Femoral Nerve is damaged also through a spinal injury and I had my MRI Tuesday evening which I hope will give me a clear diagnosis and allow my Physio to be able to put a management plan in place with me to get it repaired as best as possible and then be able to keep it in as good condition as possible so I can get back on my bike.

Current pain management is quite scary - never seen so many controlled drugs!

Physio hopes that with a favourable tail wind I might be back on the bike mid-late November.

Good Luck @alibaba - there will be plenty of forum rides in the future that we can be part of.

si_c

Guru
Hope the tailwind makes up for the precipitation it's bringing you. There's likely to be no let up if the volume of rain that has been passing over the west coast is anything to go by.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It was peeing down all day here too. I confess that I felt that the Northern rail dispute helped me 'dodge a bullet' today! :laugh:

Still, I'm glad that you had a good ride despite the grotty weather.

Top Bottom