@Nickyboy's Leeds to Scarborough Spectacular, brought to you by @I like Skol. 8th Sept 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alibaba

Über Member
@I like Skol it dose brake my heart to say this :
I regret to say I will not be able to do the ride tomorrow as result of a spine injury which I was hoping to get better but not really.Mri scan shows I have spondylitis of grade one on my L4-L5 .i can't bend anymore and cycling will make it worse .i only need rest for a bit.really really sorry .
Wish all the best in ride I will follow all posts.:sad:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I regret to say I will not be able to do the ride tomorrow as result of a spine injury which I was hoping to get better but not really.Mri scan shows I have spondylitis of grade one on my L4-L5 .i can't bend anymore and cycling will make it worse .i only need rest for a bit.really really sorry .

cant really like this.... :sad:
Get well soon mate

wanda2010

Guru

Really sorry to hear that. Make sure you rest so you can ride again. Take care.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That's terrible news.

I remember you saying that you'd had to give up running because of back problems. I also remember you freaking out @Crackle's dog at Eureka on the Llandudno ride when you started doing your back exercises in the garden at the rear of the cafe.

I hope that something can be done about the problem - good luck with it!

That's terrible news.

I remember you saying that you'd had to give up running because of back problems. I also remember you freaking out @Crackle's dog at Eureka on the Llandudno ride when you started doing your back exercises in the garden at the rear of the cafe.

I hope that something can be done about the problem - good luck with it!
Gosh, did he? I'm normally quite receptive to people's reactions to the dog but I didn't notice, in which case I profusely apologise to Alibaba. In addition I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Alibaba, that's grim.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Gosh, did he? I'm normally quite receptive to people's reactions to the dog but I didn't notice, in which case I profusely apologise to Alibaba. In addition I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Alibaba, that's grim.
The dog was fine until Alibaba got down on the grass and started doing some stretching postures directly in front of him. He probably saw him as a big predator rather than a human being! :laugh:

The dog was fine until Alibaba got down on the grass and started doing some stretching postures directly in front of him. He probably saw him as a big predator rather than a human being! :laugh:
He probably thought he had food!

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Arghh NO! That's terrible news, I was looking forward to catching up with you again and you always seem to have a great time on these rides even when you nearly die doing it. I'm gutted for you and I know how frustrating the forced inactivity can be as I did a good long spell after my accident at the start of the year.

Take it easy and get well soon. Hopefully you will be able to make it to a shorter ride soon.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Shorts or longs?
What do people think?
I was thinking 3/4s but they look a bit odd...
3/4s are pointless in every way.
Shorts... Its still summer till end of October
Right, that's me told, shorts it is...:cold:
Hmmm. Maximum 15 deg. and wet................longs are calling to me.
What are you lot like? Definitely too warm for longs, 2/3rds for me, but purely because I don't have pretty knees!

colly

Re member eR

Sounds horrible. Hope you make a good recovery soon.:okay:

Top Bottom