Night Ride - Carlisle to Newcastle 27th September 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'll be PMing out my phone number this evening to all the riders, so if you make a decision on the night, please text/phone me to tell me either way Gman

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Forecast seems to be improving gradually :secret:
:smile:

@mcshroom - oops just remembered I forgot to contact our LEL pal in Edinburgh :banghead:... many apologies, too much stuff going on pre-holiday, only just getting back to normal :blush:. Have now sent txt ...

T

Last edited:
I want to go, only one problem. Lights - I have some quite bright lights but they have a run-time of only 1.5 hours high beam (250 lumens) and 3 hours low beam (? lumens) and they are rechargeable so no spare batteries

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Thanks, @mcshroom ! :hello:
Only one more sleep :wahhey:... better try and get a good night's worth in :tired:
Have just finished preparing my excuse for cycling slowly ... ;) carrying the flapjacks that are now cooling ...

My train is due to arrive around 21:35, will there be others arriving at a similar time? I've seen the Griffin mentioned in a post ... do we need to know a secret handshake? :rolleyes: I suspect we might be the only mad cyclists there at that time of night...

Really looking forward to this, the road along Hadrian's Wall after Lanercost is magical in the daylight ... will there be ghosts of Roman soldiers patrolling in the wee early hours? :ph34r:

T

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'll be arriving at 21:39 with a friend from church, so I should see you at the station :smile:

Otherwise, head for the Griffin pub which is on the right as you leave the station.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Cheers, see you in less than 24 hours, trains permitting!
:smile:

The Lupine has finished charging, as have the spare batteries for the DiNotte ... (I promise not to put it in flashing mode :angel:)

T

I wont be going:sad:. My lights are not good enough for this night ride or any night ride. Ive only been riding a road bike for about 6 weeks and still collecting all the accessories. It'll probably take a couple of years before I can afford some decent lights.

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
That's a shame :sad:

As I said in PM you are welcome to borrow one of my lights for the ride (I'll be using a dynamo so don't need the battery lights)

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
That's a shame :sad:

As I said in PM you are welcome to borrow one of my lights for the ride (I'll be using a dynamo so don't need the battery lights)
...and I'm always carrying spare batteries (4 x AA rechargeables and some 2032s). My Hope 1 always manages to go on all night at level 2 long before the batteries need recharging.

Top Bottom