Night Ride - Carlisle to Newcastle 27th September 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saoirse50

Veteran
Tempted by this..but last train from London to Carlisle seems to be pretty early...arrives before 10pm...not really too keen on hanging around all that time in a foreign city.

Tempted by this..but last train from London to Carlisle seems to be pretty early...arrives before 10pm...not really too keen on hanging around all that time in a foreign city.
Carlisle is pretty safe at that time of night and there are eating places close to the station, but if you are worried why not have a word with the leader and arrange to be picked up at Tesco, which is by your route out of Carlisle.

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Carlisle is not the liveliest of places on a Friday night. On previous rides we've parked the bikes in the station and decamped to the Griffin Pub just across the car park before the start, where there's been plenty of room. I'll probably be around at that sort of time anyway, either with the car ready for sag waggon duties or (unlikely but hopefully) with a bike ready to set off.

I would like to do this ride again. I really enjoyed it last year. I think I will be on holiday from work that day and if not I think it could easily be arranged. I have also been getting involved with a cycling group on Facebook. I could mention it on there too to see if anyone from there is up for it.

Top Bottom