Night Ride - Carlisle to Newcastle 27th September 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Everyone seems to be getting same train, how many are getting the train that arrives at 2125, I hope I can get my bike on

I'm coming from Glasgow, so not sure if anyone else is on the same one as me. (However, for last year's ride I got the train across from Newcastle, and there were about 5 bikes on - wasn't a problem at all.)

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Dag nabbit. No left luggage at Toon station. I'm going to have to carry everything.
I'm going to look like @[USER=5015]StuAff[/USER] .
that's an improvement straight away innit @CharlieB

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'll be on the Edinburgh train, ETA Carlisle 21:34, so won't be taking up any bike spaces from Newcastle on the Friday night either :thumbsup:
There may be one other from Edinburgh, but that hinges on work commitments, haven't heard what's happening yet ...

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
What a brilliant night out - many thanks @mcshroom for organising and keeping us in order! :highfive:
It was great to meet a whole new bunch of lovely people (sorry if I don't remember everybody's forum names, too many introduced all at once :shy:)
Seeing as nobody has reported back yet, I'll have a go ...
Part 1 is now up in the Travelogues section ... Will put up some photos later, too.

T (thinking about more night riding some time soon, but maybe waiting until spring :cold:)

Totally agree with it being a brilliant night out, I would say it is one of the best rides of my life. I am still amazed by it now. I was thinking as I was riding back home on Saturday morning after leaving the Hub and saying my farewells to @mcshroom and @CharlieB, about riding out of Carlisle on Friday night, the two hills at Banks and Greenheads which was tiring but fun, and riding as the dawn approached

I will be looking out for other night rides via this forum and YACF. I am also planning on doing the FNttC within the year and definitely up for the Carlisle to Newcastle next year.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
MAGICAL.

What more can I say? From the unbelievable night sky - I can't remember when I last say the Milky Way - to the stretch with Harian's Wall alongside the road.
Great dawn from the old railway bridge over the Tyne.
And a breakfast stop on the Quayside that was surprisingly cheap.
Thanks to everyone for the company and to @mcshroom for organising and leading. Can you arrange fewer hills, next time, please?;)

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Manchester to Morecambe is a great route, and others have talked about resurrecting that ride next year.

My thought for a ride was to ride over Shap summit, drop into Tebay services for refreshments and then follow the Eden and Lune valleys into Morecambe from the north. If we get the weather then the views would be stunning :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Manchester to Morecambe is a great route, and others have talked about resurrecting that ride next year.

My thought for a ride was to ride over Shap summit, drop into Tebay services for refreshments and then follow the Eden and Lune valleys into Morecambe from the north. If we get the weather then the views would be stunning :smile:
Done Shap from the south on my not-LeJog, great climb- nice workout without being too taxing, fantastic views.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Night ride photos uploaded on the other thread now, I thought I had more, but never mind, there is a nice collection coming together between us all.
I might add some daytime photos from HJ's & my weekend tour in April at some point, when I get around to it.

T

DefBref

Über Member
Just been thinking about this, I toyed with the idea of doing it last year, but wondering if its happening again this year?

DefBref

Über Member
Ouch, hope your on the mend.

I will come (leave booking pending!), if you don't mind. I've ridden the hadrians cycleway several times but never at night! In fact I've ridden it with somebody who did this ride with you last year. I saw him on the photographs on the trip report. (Michael McCloughlin, if your wondering, not sure if he's a member on here)

Top Bottom