Night ride to the seaside 28/29 April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Nope. Scrub me. I've been invited (got to go) out to dinner this evening with my CEO to discuss the latest of our constant re-orgs so will be in no fit state to ride anywhere. Thusly my republican tendencies will be expressed a la bici in/during daylight tomorrow. I think a train to Pompey and a ferry to IoW for a pootle may be the possible order of the day.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Right XC Weather is saying down to 6C, BBC saying no lower than 10C. XC showing 18C by the time I get home so now I'm completely confused about what to wear! Sounds too cold for just a shell jacket but then I'll melt on the way home in an Evo.

Then again I was cold on the Bognor Ride and that was meant to be around 10C.

:huh:

Oh and metcheck saying service down.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I'm out folks, did 40 miles last night to see how a bit further felt and 72 is no way Jose right now, regardless of pace etc. I'll focus instead on getting my self fit enough for Cardiff/Swansea in May....have a good night....Al

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm out folks, did 40 miles last night to see how a bit further felt and 72 is no way Jose right now, regardless of pace etc. I'll focus instead on getting my self fit enough for Cardiff/Swansea in May....have a good night....Al

Fair enough Al. See you soon, I hope.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
I'll try to be at HPC around 11.30pm IF I will be able to come. That's probably a big if, according to yesterday's "Independent":

Police warned protesters that "robust" action would be taken against anyone planning to disrupt the royal wedding, with more activists expected to be arrested ahead of Friday's ceremony. ...

Scotland Yard said it was expecting to make several more arrests this week as part of a serious covert investigation. ...

Lynne Owens, the assistant commissioner in charge of the policing operation on the day, said: "We have to be absolutely clear. If anyone comes to London intending to commit criminal acts bike rides, we will act quickly, robustly and decisively." She said the Met was working with forces across the country and would use "spotters" to identify those causing trouble.

As police teams step up their process of "pre-event investigation" and "intelligence gathering", reports have come in from protesters that plain-clothed police are turning up at their homes to warn them against attending Friday's event.

Probably that's the real reason why Titus has been on all those rides... :angry:

The Lake District floated your boat, and now you are covering up wheels thirty years later! The Royal (as in icing on the cake) wedding is predikated to be joyous for the whole country. We're all in this together, remember? woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

British manufacturing is alive and well, and thriving in London. I await the birth of their first child; Waaaah! The first cry of Prince Simon Timothy Olaf van Nicholas of Berkhampsted.

Top Bottom