Night ride to the seaside 28/29 April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ I thought Ross cough was in Brittany until I read this thread... hope you feel better soon Ross. I recommend 'Benedictine' as a good germ killer.

000684.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
How fast is the ride back going to be you reckon?

It all depends who is riding back and how they are feeling. It's similar to the ride out in that no one is left behind although of course you can decide to bail at a convenient point.

If I'm on my own I'll probably aim for a 15-18mph average which is roughly similar to the ride back from Bognor Regis on Saturday.

I am bringing bunting for the official arrival wedding ceremony photographs. Clive and Marilyn can be the Queen and Prince Philip - albeit a much younger, hipper version. Adrian is a dead ringer for the ArchBish of Canterbury, and Big Martin can be the Parade Sarn't Major, "Eyeeeeeeeees Front!" iZap looks like choir boy material, Adam can be Harry - as he's 'gone off the rails' and I'll cast myself as Prance Andrew, as I have booked a helicopter for 10:55, returning for a meeting in the golf club bar later in the afternoon... Mr & Mrs Legg are cast in the role of Cherie & Tony Blair... as they will not be there! :biggrin:
The rest of the usual FNR suspects have already been detained under the 'pre-emptive strikes' business by MacB and his operatives.

john-milton.jpg

mistral

Guru
As I've not done so previously I’m now committing to this one.

After spending 4 days last weekend with the family they’ve I’ve demanded a break

I’m also hoping to cycle back .... all depending ...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That would be great...but I don't want to give you even more work and so on!

I think I'll just man up
thumbsup.png

I'm also thinking about cycling back too...not too sure about this one really, just going to see how my legs feel probably :smile:
wink.gif

How fast is the ride back going to be you reckon?

1: You will be fine on the cycle back.
2: It's not too cold for shorts at night.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I've tried to come up with something prettier than blasting down the A21 on the way home. Link here. I do tend to be a straight line kind of person so any improvements you feel can be made, just shout I won't be offended.:thumbsup:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
If I make it...and it is still very much an if.....then I may try to amble back as far as Gatwick where I can get a direct train home, otherwise train prices start to get ridiculous whichever way I try to get back.

So there could be a nice SLOW returnish leg going on

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If I make it...and it is still very much an if.....then I may try to amble back as far as Gatwick where I can get a direct train home, otherwise train prices start to get ridiculous whichever way I try to get back.

If I make it, and it is currently a very large, weather & mentalist mother-in-law dependant, IF, I will gladly follow in your wake as you amble Gatwick-wards. You'll probably drop me somewhere north of St Leonards.

Alternatively I may seek the security of "I know I can do this I've done it before" and trundle along the coast via NCN2 to Brighton/Shoreham before turning north. If I average 20kph it will be a freakin' miracle.

MacB

If I make it, and it is currently a very large, weather & mentalist mother-in-law dependant, IF, I will gladly follow in your wake as you amble Gatwick-wards. You'll probably drop me somewhere north of St Leonards.

Alternatively I may seek the security of "I know I can do this I've done it before" and trundle along the coast via NCN2 to Brighton/Shoreham before turning north. If I average 20kph it will be a freakin' miracle.

Ah, come one then Greg, let's go for it, there is zero chance of me dropping anyone and it would be nice to have another person along who isn't just making polite noises about not minding how slow I am

£13 Southern - Hastings to L.Vic. with C Res. (See, I just wrote in code - exactly what bugged me on the Wales thread!) :biggrin:

MacB

And it is slow. 2 hours Hastings to East Croydon.

I noticed that, I actually did a slight double take when I saw the journey times.

I'll do it if I need to but it all racks up, £14 to London tomorrow night, £13 back to London from Hastings and another £14 from London to home. It seems crazy that I can get all the way to Cardiff for £15 then you get these.

Top Bottom