FNRttC Night ride to Whitstable, April 22nd, 2016 (Starting at Tower Bridge)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
I am delighted to announce that booking is now open for the Friday Night Ride to Whitstable on April 22nd. This is a wonderful ride following the Thames from Tower Bridge to the delightful seaside town of Whitstable, passing iconic sites such as the Cutty Sark in Greenwich, The Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, The Historic Dockyard in Chatham, where HMS Victory was built and the North Kent marshes, one of the most important natural wetlands in northern Europe.
Traffic congestion in London is particularly bad at the moment due to overnight roadworks. On our last ride this led to considerable delays and wasn’t very pleasant due to fumes and impatient drivers. As a result we will be starting the ride near to the South Side of Tower Bridge. The exact start point will be clarified in the final email before the ride.
There will be a half way refreshment stop at Strood, where rolls, hot drinks and home made cakes will be available. We will then ride through the dawn to finish at the Waterfront café to the East of Whitstable, where riders will be able to have a well deserved cooked breakfast and even a beer or two if that takes their fancy.
To take part in the ride you will need to register here: Whitstable Ride Registration

The ride will start at midnight, but please aim to arrive by 11.40pm so you can be checked in and we can have a safety brief.
This is a relatively flat ride of about 70 miles, with just a few steep hills to get you out of the saddle.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Count me in

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Form completed. Sacrifice made to weather gods.

U

User10571

I could be up for this - work commitments permitting....
Checking....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Two suggestions for start point spring to mind- probably at least considered by our ride leader already: Shad Thames/Butlers Wharf, and More London.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Two suggestions for start point spring to mind- probably at least considered by our ride leader already: Shad Thames/Butlers Wharf, and More London.
It will be in that vicinity, but we will be checking the most appropriate location when we do the recce ride the week before.
I have a couple of spaces available on the recce ride. PM me if you're interested.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It will be in that vicinity, but we will be checking the most appropriate location when we do the recce ride the week before.
I have a couple of spaces available on the recce ride. PM me if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer- already booked that weekend, will be doing the Hastings ride the following day.

Top Bottom