FNRttC Night ride to Whitstable, April 22nd, 2016 (Starting at Tower Bridge)

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by Trickedem, 1 Apr 2016.

1. Trickedem

Trickedem Veteran

I am delighted to announce that booking is now open for the Friday Night Ride to Whitstable on April 22nd. This is a wonderful ride following the Thames from Tower Bridge to the delightful seaside town of Whitstable, passing iconic sites such as the Cutty Sark in Greenwich, The Royal Arsenal in Woolwich, The Historic Dockyard in Chatham, where HMS Victory was built and the North Kent marshes, one of the most important natural wetlands in northern Europe.
    Traffic congestion in London is particularly bad at the moment due to overnight roadworks. On our last ride this led to considerable delays and wasn’t very pleasant due to fumes and impatient drivers. As a result we will be starting the ride near to the South Side of Tower Bridge. The exact start point will be clarified in the final email before the ride.
    There will be a half way refreshment stop at Strood, where rolls, hot drinks and home made cakes will be available. We will then ride through the dawn to finish at the Waterfront café to the East of Whitstable, where riders will be able to have a well deserved cooked breakfast and even a beer or two if that takes their fancy.
    To take part in the ride you will need to register here: Whitstable Ride Registration

The ride will start at midnight, but please aim to arrive by 11.40pm so you can be checked in and we can have a safety brief.
    This is a relatively flat ride of about 70 miles, with just a few steep hills to get you out of the saddle.

2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Count me in

Nigel182 likes this.
  3. StuartG

StuartG slower but further

Erith, don't forget Erith. I've tried!

rb58 and Trickedem like this.
  4. rb58

rb58 Enigma

Form duly completed.

ianmac62, Nigel182 and Trickedem like this.
  5. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

I'm in, once I've done the form.

Nigel182 likes this.
  6. Mr Orange

Mr Orange Well-Known Member

I'm in. Form completed. Many thanks.

Trickedem and ianmac62 like this.
  7. Nigel182

Nigel182 Veteran

Forms done
    Myself and Joanne

StuAff, Trickedem and rb58 like this.
  8. ianmac62

ianmac62 Veteran

Form completed. James again joins me from Northampton.

9. newfhouse

newfhouse Elitist lefty

Form completed. Sacrifice made to weather gods.

10. User10571

User10571 Guest

I could be up for this - work commitments permitting....
    Checking....

11. Not sure yet due to possible family commitments, but it's now in the diary. Will confirm (or not) later.

12. StuAff

Form done.

ianmac62 likes this.
  13. StuAff

Two suggestions for start point spring to mind- probably at least considered by our ride leader already: Shad Thames/Butlers Wharf, and More London.

14. OP
    OP
    Trickedem

Trickedem Veteran

It will be in that vicinity, but we will be checking the most appropriate location when we do the recce ride the week before.
    I have a couple of spaces available on the recce ride. PM me if you're interested.

15. StuAff

Thanks for the offer- already booked that weekend, will be doing the Hastings ride the following day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice