Night riding feels amazing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brummie53

On a camping/ cycling holiday with a group of mates in Devon when we were younger ( a lifetime ago now) we were camped at Newton Abbot and used to cycle into Torquay for the evening. Riding back always seemed different at night to in the day on those country lanes and pacing ourselves on the climbs always seemed difficult. Mind you I don’t suppose the alcohol we’d consumed in the pub helped. Youth has no fear.

John482

One of my favorite damn things ever. I ride at night in the summer as it's way to hot to ride in the day where I am on the Mojave desert in California. I turn off my light when there aren't any cars which is most of the time in the rural aria I live in. The stars are crazy pretty, you look up into the whole galaxy and it's just insane. I feel like I've lived maybe 5 hours in a few minutes of doing that.

One of my favorite damn things ever. I ride at night in the summer as it's way to hot to ride in the day where I am on the Mojave desert in California. I turn off my light when there aren't any cars which is most of the time in the rural aria I live in. The stars are crazy pretty, you look up into the whole galaxy and it's just insane. I feel like I've lived maybe 5 hours in a few minutes of doing that.
re this turning your lights off to appreciate the heavens, I'd be nervous about turning my rear off. Would a rear interfere with your view?

Landsurfer

Veteran
I love riding in the dark with the lights off .. on my bicycle and motorbike.
An amazing feeling on a moonlit night ... hard to describe but my heart soars as i ride along ...

And if anyone has any fears about safety, remember you ride a bike ... thats a hundred times more dangerous than any virus we have around at the moment .... "staying safe", like fear, is the little death.

And if anyone has any fears about safety, remember you ride a bike ... thats a hundred times more dangerous than any virus we have around at the moment .... "staying safe", like fear, is the little death.
maybe where you are, but COVID-19 was the leading cause of death in the U.S. (last week) ((& the covid death rate will be worse this week))
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-leading-cause-of-death-united-states-this-week/

so Ill be riding my bike, later this week, away from ppl! ;-) ;-)

Landsurfer

Veteran
Last edited:

John482

I love riding in the dark with the lights off .. on my bicycle and motorbike.
An amazing feeling on a moonlit night ... hard to describe but my heart soars as i ride along ...

" "staying safe", like fear, is the little death." boy you got that right. I've even heard a woman at a protest on youtube actually say "we don't want to be free , we want to be safe". At that point you're basically already dead.

John482

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 7

John482

Thank god i don't live in the US ...
I wouldn't put too much stock in that or anything else from our tabloid news over here. I live in the US and there just aren't that many people dying from covid, typically people catch it like a cold and in a week or so they're back to work.

Top Bottom