Night riding feels amazing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris-suffolk

View attachment 561854

@chris-suffolk Hopefully you can read this. My bad, it's 2 hours on 1000 lumens.
The Fluxient, from Torchy the Battery Boy, is discontinued I think. One x 18650 - 2,600 battery lasted nearly to the end of the Dunwich Dynamo swapping between full and half power.
Tested out my new Ravemen 1600 today in the lounge to see what run time I would get. Accepting that it was indoors, and thus warmer than outside, full power gave up after 2:55 against a manufacturer quoted time of 1:35 - I'll take that.

trying to decide if I want to do it for fun late afternoon/dusk today/tonight, for fun
wound up going for it. fun is a matter of perspective I think

ACTP0760.JPG

mustang1

Legendary Member
I have a forested area near my home that I am very familiar with. I think it helps, even if you are alone, to know the terrain. but yeah it's spooky. one night I could swear I heard "bigfoot" throw a boulder into the lake, across from me, breaking the ice. I heard rock on rock sounds, ice crashing & water splashing. couldn't imagine any natural cause. freaked me out completely. it was great
Actually another thing that bugs me about night-riding-in-the-forest are if i meet some unsavoury types.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
met a hunter yesterday. he seemed nice enough. he shouldered his rifle as he saw me approaching
I wouldn't fancy being anywhere that hunters were hunting...

I remember what happened to Greg Lemond! :eek:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
@JPBoothy One is a Fluxient 1,600.
T'other is the Halfords 1,600 £60 light that I got for £28 😉
I get 3½ hours on full from the Fluxient and 2 to 2½ full beam from the Halfords..
I have a Cateye Volt 1300. Having ridden many hours in the dark with it, I would sorely miss it.
I recall being on a group night ride and being "domestique" to a rider struggling over a remote misty final climb. When we met up with the main group one of the riders commented they thought it was a car with a single headlamp coming over the climb.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have a Cateye Volt 1300. Having ridden many hours in the dark with it, I would sorely miss it.
I recall being on a group night ride and being "domestique" to a rider struggling over a remote misty final climb. When we met up with the main group one of the riders commented they thought it was a car with a single headlamp coming over the climb.
I don't usually have both lights on, but occasionally it cheers me up to see how much I can see within the beams!
I scare small animals sometimes, and frequently attract moths and bat's 🦇 😂

Top Bottom