Night riding feels amazing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rural cycle commuting in Germany features this frequently.
My commute is rural lovely but not so good In the fog

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@JPBoothy One is a Fluxient 1,600.
T'other is the Halfords 1,600 £60 light that I got for £28 😉
I get 3½ hours on full from the Fluxient and 2 to 2½ full beam from the Halfords..

colly

Re member eR
Another thumbs up from me for riding in the dark. Love it. And I am another one who finds hills a breeze at night.

A couple of years ago on a down hill section out in the sticks I stopped under the tree canopy and switched off the lights front and back. Like being down a coal mine. Absolute pitch black. Maybe a few mins would have given my eyes time to adjust but out in open country it's a weird feeling. Across the hedge to the side I heard a distinct growling. :eek: I didn't hang about long.

Lights on and ride off pdq.

Last edited:

chris-suffolk

T'other is the Halfords 1,600 £60 light that I got for £28 😉
I get 2 to 2½ full beam from the Halfords..

Do you know the specs for the battery? up to 2½ hrs + at 1600 lumens seems good considering I get about half that from my light with a 6000ma battery. Halfords, helpfully, don't give voltage, mille amps, watt hours or run times at various outputs on their site.

PeteXXX

Do you know the specs for the battery? up to 2½ hrs + at 1600 lumens seems good considering I get about half that from my light with a 6000ma battery. Halfords, helpfully, don't give voltage, mille amps, watt hours or run times at various outputs on their site.
I'll check the box when I get back from work later 👍🏼

PeteXXX

@chris-suffolk Hopefully you can read this. My bad, it's 2 hours on 1000 lumens.
The Fluxient, from Torchy the Battery Boy, is discontinued I think. One x 18650 - 2,600 battery lasted nearly to the end of the Dunwich Dynamo swapping between full and half power.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Across the hedge to the side I heard a distinct growling. :eek: I didn't hang about long.

A field full of cows in the pitch dark sounds like the Big Cats cage at a zoo - grunts, growls, sounds of tearing (grass, probably). Keep riding, keep riding, it's probably only cows ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-53260967

Here you go fella. Lockdown boredom has seen dogging activity increasing massively.
please spare me the "fella" - am concerned that it's a doggin come-on.
That's a single spot in gloucestershire.
Hardly a nationwide scientific survey.

and it says "rises"
not massive increase
and
"according to residents"

I see the News of the World lives on.

Loved the quote from the bloke:
"Lunchtime and on the way home from work, those are the worst times," Mr Laurens said.

who seems to take very regular strolls through a car park.
Did his google (maybe not maps) tell him that he had to walk that way?

JPBoothy

Veteran
Another thumbs up from me for riding in the dark. Love it. And I am another one who finds hills a breeze at night.

A couple of years ago on a down hill section out in the sticks I stopped under the tree canopy and switched off the lights front and back. Like being down a coal mine. Absolute pitch black. Maybe a few mins would have given my eyes time to adjust but out in open country it's a weird feeling. Across the hedge to the side I heard a distinct growling. :eek: I didn't hang about long.

It was probably an injured Dogger :whistle:

bobsinatra

Über Member
please spare me the "fella" - am concerned that it's a doggin come-on.
That's a single spot in gloucestershire.
Hardly a nationwide scientific survey.

and it says "rises"
not massive increase
and
"according to residents"

I see the News of the World lives on.

Loved the quote from the bloke:
"Lunchtime and on the way home from work, those are the worst times," Mr Laurens said.

who seems to take very regular strolls through a car park.
Did his google (maybe not maps) tell him that he had to walk that way?

I don't think there will be scientific studies into the rise of dogging fella.

Top Bottom