Nippy Out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crumpetman

Not sure of the temp here (south east) but it was under 10, somewhere around 5 I would guess. Still wearing 3/4 shorts (not bike specific) with trainers and trainer socks. On the top half a cotton t-shirt, arm warmers, thin windproof/semi-waterproof jacket and autumn weight long finger gloves. Got a bit warm for the last half apart from toes and finger tips which started getting a bit tingly.

I'll have to find some winter gloves and socks for next week.

The sun was so bright though, had shades on for the first time in ages.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Absolutely froze this morning.

Was trying out the Aldi bike jacket I bought about this time last Year, but I've only just "slimmed" into it :blush:
Anyway, I ended up soaked with sweat after half an Hour so the final half Hour was pretty miserable as the cold was crippling.
It was so bad that I'm going to nip home in the company van lunchtime and get my old faithful long sleeve jersey for the ride home.
I really need to find my overshoes too, my poor old feet were in agony!

Overall, it was a pretty miserable ride in this moring :laugh:

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to moan about my fingers. My trusty Winter gloves were still wet from last night MTB night ride so I had to use a spare pair of Aldi gloves. They froze my fingers too!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Lovely crisp ride in today. Good chance to try out my Aldi biblongs, soft shell jacket and gloves. If anything a little too hot when I got to Macc. May boil on the way back later.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Wonderful ride in this morning. Absolutely perfect weather, clear sky, dry road. I don't actually get to see the sunrise on my way in as I cycle predominantly west but the light coming across Blackheath was definitely picturesque.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Zero degrees in Edinburgh this morning - first donning of the winter kit (dhb longs, Polaris top, Altura Night Vision gloves) since the end of last winter.

I suspect I'll overheat on the way home tonight, but there wasn't room in my rucksack to bring in lighter clothing for this afternoon.

Hicky

Guru
Far too cold for fingerless gloves this morning from Rochdale.
I'm not sure of the temp but most of the parked cars I passed were frozen and some of the ones whizzing past me were half frozen still:angry:.

I used the wifes issue copper gloves as I couldnt find anything else and my kids woolly "magic gloves" just look wrong, I dont know if my hands were cold as the gloves are too small so after 10mins they were numb anyway.

A trip to Aldi to see if there's any gloves left....otherwise its C95 and they're too thick.

Cracking weather though!!!!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Zero degrees in Edinburgh this morning - first donning of the winter kit (dhb longs, Polaris top, Altura Night Vision gloves) since the end of last winter.

Coming home this morning after night shift and there was a good frost on the ground, white grass and patches on the road.Infact looked like the gritters had been out as i could hear the noise you get when it has been laid, still a bit dicey on some of the corners though.
I had some running tights over my shorts and my legs were cold, on top i had a vest , ss jersey and a windproof and some arm warmers and i was cold.

potsy

Rambler
4.45am it was bloomin cold,trust me I know
cold.gif

Aldi winter gloves for 1st time this winter,buff,bikesters,and a merino baselayer with a ss shirt and Montane featherlight on top.
Should have worn my overshoes as my feet were like ice when I got to work,all my thick wooly socks were in the wash
icon_sad.gif

According to the met it was1.1 deg C when I set off to uni; it didn't feel that cold, though although I'm glad I decided to leave the track mitts at home. I dont know how accurate it is but my lidl computer said it was 5 deg C that's more realistic.

beastie

Guru
0C on the way to work. Base layer, jacket, shorts ,gloves and beanie.

2C on way home late tonight. As above + overshoes.

if it gets to -5C then I might wear full length trousers, but probably not as I am from Aberdeenshire. And naturally insulated.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok in hindsight I think I underestimated this morning's cold. I don't think it was a day for shorts and nike footsocks, possibly 3/4s and sealskinz were called for. That said though, I haven't died of exposure and I've got a wonderful warm glow on now I'm at work.

And once again, bone dry roads and a great sunrise here in London

First hard frost of the season, for us, this morning. Definitely a warm gloves day, however, despite the chill, it's when I feel smug at its smuggest, whipping out the bike and being away in seconds, whilst others in the street are still beavering away at their windscreens! :evil: Why does it catch so many motorists out?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
chucking it down in Manchester today. Raining as I got changed, put waterproofs on, stopped raining. Got to work, changed, and now hammering down. Grrrrrr

BSRU

A Human Being
Just below freezing, lovely and sunny, with no wind, so a nice warm ride in this morning except for me toes, should have ordered my sealskinz socks a couple of days earlier.:blush:

Top Bottom