Nissan Juke problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Has anyone ever have problems with intermittent starting the engine? The car is 65 reg with about 35 000 miles. In the last few days, when you press the start button, either it starts with no problems or nothing happens at all, dead. The battery is only 5 months old and the battery in the key fob is also new. The car is still under warranttee and is booked to go back to the dealer a week on Monday. Of course, they will plug it in but if nothing shows, what are they going to do as proper mechanics don't exist anymore. I hope it is an electronic issue, so it should show on the computer. Anyone has any ideas of what it could be before I go there?

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Never owned a Nissan but my Seat does not like Poundland batteries in the fob. Even brand new ones. Put a decent quality one in of you haven't already.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Lots to check.
When you press the start button, press the clutch or brake does it all light up.
It could be a switch on the start up sequence.

Does it turn over?

Anything else you could add

Starter Solenoid ?
There's an easy way to test that.
Wear an all-steel watch with a sturdy steel bracelet.
Then stick your hand into where you think the solenoid is located and wait for the untraviolet glow and sound of welding.
When you smell cooking pork, you know the connection is made. If the engine then turns over, it was the solenoid.
Phone the garage from the hospital.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Then stick your hand into where you thing the solenoid is located and wait for the untraviolet glow and sound of welding.
When you smell cooking pork, you know the connection is made. If the engine then turns over, it was the solenoid.
The voice of experience ? :whistle:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Then stick your hand into where you thing the solenoid is located and wait for the untraviolet glow and sound of welding.

My Dad did that on his Peugeot 305, not a lot of room.
Melted the skin on his wrist, should have had plastic surgery the Dr said when he finally went to hospital weeks later as it wouldn't heel.. Nasty

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My Dad did that on his Peugeot 305, not a lot of room.
Melted the skin on his wrist, should have had plastic surgery the Dr said when he finally went to hospital weeks later as it wouldn't heel.. Nasty

A mate of mine did the same with his Rolex Oyster, a 21st birthday present from his dad.

I've never seen someone try to remove a watch so fast.

A couple of the links in the bracelet were welded together, but it was still usable.

Levo-Lon

Guru
A mate of mine did the same with his Rolex Oyster, a 21st birthday present from his dad.

I've never seen someone try to remove a watch so fast.

A couple of the links in the bracelet were welded together, but it was still usable.

His watch was glowing.. Luckily a stretch strap so it did come off quickly.
My Dad taught me lots of new words that day:laugh:
He's a tough old sod and doesn't show any emotion or pain.. He was forced to go to A&E eventually but it left a ugly scar.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just checked again with my wife and she said" The word Key comes on the dashboard" so after pressing the open and close button a few times, it starts. I have just put a new battery , again, in the key fob and we have a week to see how it goes now before I cancel the dealership.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom