" No respect"-Impatient motorists slammed by police after fatal crash in Colne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Some people are just disgusting examples of humanity.

Brandane

Legendary Member
From the article, it appears PEDESTRIANS, not motorists, were the problem.

“Some of the public, being impatient, insisted on trying to walk through the scene having no respect for the incident, other road users or the police.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I've heard directly
From the article, it appears PEDESTRIANS, not motorists, were the problem.

Aye but were they pedestrians having left their cars where they were and wanted to walk through the scene? Maybe, maybe not, but the report also says:
In that time police said they were approached by a number of angry motorists.

GC

classic33

Leg End Member
It's a case of "what am I missing" more than owt else.

If they can get a picture or two on their phone, that's a bonus.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This happened to me. I and the paramedics were getting soaked by cars driving past as I was being immobilised. Nobody gives a poop these days. The paramedics were nearly knocked over

Buddfox

Veteran
When I was run over and lying in the road with a badly broken leg, one passer-by asked the helpful question: "Mate, are you able to move out of the road because you're holding up the traffic?". Erm, my leg is in 12 pieces, so yeah probably not. But thanks for asking.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Loathsome examples of humanity

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have to admit I cycled through an accident scene once.

It was on the A road north of Monmouth in the dark they had blocked the road with a police car and ambulance .

All the activity was on the left looked like a pedestrian run over.

I went round the off side of the vehicles on the opposite side keeping my eyes firmly straight ahead and was the full width of the road from the casualty.

Should I have waited?none of the police stood around said anything to me.
Massive tailbacks in both directions.

Tin Pot

Guru
I have to admit I cycled through an accident scene once.

It was on the A road north of Monmouth in the dark they had blocked the road with a police car and ambulance .

All the activity was on the left looked like a pedestrian run over.

I went round the off side of the vehicles on the opposite side keeping my eyes firmly straight ahead and was the full width of the road from the casualty.

Should I have waited?none of the police stood around said anything to me.
Massive tailbacks in both directions.

You shouldn't have cycled through the scene.

And if you had no other options, yes you should have waited.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You shouldn't have cycled through the scene.

And if you had no other options, yes you should have waited.

At the time I was about 110 miles into a solo 130 mile ride not making excuses just setting the scene. It had just got dark and cold .sitting on the grass for hours wasnt an option.a diversion could have added 20 or 30 miles that I didnt have in the tank.
By going round the outside of the vehicles and up the offside gutter I felt I skirted the scene rather than went through it.

Had any of the police stopped me I would have gone back without complaining.

I think people hassling the emergency services in that situation should be locked up but my actions didnt have any impact on what was going on.

It was a judgement call at the
Time.If I came across it early in the ride I probably would have turned around and gone back to the start.

PS with the benefit of an armchair and a laptop I have just realised a fairly short diversion was an option.

Last edited:
Top Bottom