No Vax Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

He's won the chance to win the AUS Open. This is what he lives for. His career palmares will not record visa issues pre-tournament (or his status on the COV*D dick/hero spectrum).
I think they referring to the imminent re-cancellation and this time they will follow procedure.

They are going along with procedural error, because he got both state and federal approval. The State did not follow Federal rules when they granted the exemption and the Federal approval was predicated on state following the rules. The Federal approval system is highly automated for speed.

I have a feeling that that they are going to ask for his blood sample for testing. And that's when he will leave.
DJOKOVIC: Well as I said before ... I’m surprised that there is insufficient information on the very reason why I was granted the medical exemption by Victorian state independent medical panel which confirmed that I have fulfilled the criteria to enter Australia ... which is not on the paper which you read to me and that is if you had encountered or had a positive Covid PCR test in the previous six months, and you can provide the negative PCR test and the sufficient amount of antibodies, then you are granted access and that’s exactly what happened in the whole process.

So we provided – I provided medical documentation, on 16 November [sic], I was positive on PCR, PCR test positive COVID-19, 22nd I was negative.

I sent the blood analysis for my antibodies and had a sufficient amount and I was granted the access to Australia and I received the documentation that supported my medical exemption and the travel declaration coming from the federal government.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...live-updates/ar-AASB7By?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

figbat

Slippery scientist
From reading the court submission it seems there's a lot of stuff going on that we, the outraged public, did not know or just made assumptions about. There is some suggestion that the decision-makers regarding visas, entry conditions etc were going all Michael Masi and just making it up on the spot. It seems that there is provision within Australian immigration law for vaccination exemption following a PCR-confirmed COVID infection with a 6 month window. It seems that Novak had such an infection (whether or not he should be visiting a kitten orphanage after a positive test is nether here-nor-there for the sake of a visa status). It seems that this assertion was made during the visa revocation process. Now it seems that the court have backed Novak... for now.

I don't support his case nor agree with the moral stance, but it is the Australian authorities with egg on their faces and Novak with a heightened pantomime villainy. I assume there will ne no crowds at the Open?

From reading the court submission it seems there's a lot of stuff going on that we, the outraged public, did not know or just made assumptions about. There is some suggestion that the decision-makers regarding visas, entry conditions etc were going all Michael Masi and just making it up on the spot. It seems that there is provision within Australian immigration law for vaccination exemption following a PCR-confirmed COVID infection with a 6 month window. It seems that Novak had such an infection (whether or not he should be visiting a kitten orphanage after a positive test is nether here-nor-there for the sake of a visa status). It seems that this assertion was made during the visa revocation process. Now it seems that the court have backed Novak... for now.

I don't support his case nor agree with the moral stance, but it is the Australian authorities with egg on their faces and Novak with a heightened pantomime villainy. I assume there will ne no crowds at the Open?
The judge threw it out on procedural grounds. Act 2 is in progress. Interestingly the judge acknowledged that he can't do anything if he gets deported.

figbat

Slippery scientist
The judge threw it out on procedural grounds. Act 2 is in progress. Interestingly the judge acknowledged that he can't do anything if he gets deported.
Indeed - and the crux of Novak's defence was one of procedural error. It seems the authorities just can't proceed correctly.

It's been three months. I know it's difficult but it's a new year so maybe now's the right time to let it go.
I said used to be - history - it's all useful to students of human nature/relationships. Of course there is the goldfish alternative. Tribalism is pernicious, lots of examples of it - by the nature of things examples are in the past. Ditto most of books I read are about the past one way and another. One lives and learns.
The tribalism in this matter will doubtless run for a while.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’m really enjoying this, particularly jocko’s sense of entitlement and his discomfort.
But the real cliffhanger is the will they-won’t they aspect. Whichever way it goes the Aussies are going to be left with egg on their faces.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What a faff. TBH, if I was him, I'd be off back home to my multi-million pound bank balance, and say 'see ya next year'. Maybe stop off for a nice Island Holiday as he's half way round the earth already.

Svendo

Guru
If he's tested clear, surely Australia is more of a risk to him, than he is to Australia, and it implies they don't have confidence in their measures to protect him.
That is so, but then he’d be spreading it to others whilst asymptomatic, and as unvaccinated he would possibly then be a burden to the Australian health system, and also those he might infect.

Top Bottom