No Vax Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I should have said he’d need to catch it in Australia first. Possibly low likelihood but nonzero, and higher than if he were vaccinated, natural immunity notwithstanding.

Precisely. So irrespective of what he did back home, as that's for his authorities to sort, he's currently clear, so is less of a risk to Australia, than Australia is to him, so it suggests they don't trust their own measures.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Maybe ... there were big-but-reduced crowds at the Ashes. Could be different states though, don't ask me!
Western Australia had the biggest / significant restrictions, so they moved the 5th test to Hobart. Melbourne / Victoria had what appeared to be a normal-ish sized crowd for the usual boxing day test. I don't believe the Victoria state govt issued any crown capping measures.

"New balls please !"

The Australian prime minister was asked about No Vax Djokovic as to whether he should be deported and passed it off to the immigration minister .
Why haven't politicians got any balls these days to do things when it seems obvious that the rules have been broken ?

figbat

Slippery scientist
Do they get a little pack of sweeties with each layer opened if they don't win it? If so I'm all over that sport! You see some pass the parcel regions don't do that. I refuse to compete in those regions!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
This is something I have learnt as a parent. When I were a lad all you got at each layer was some ripped up paper and a sense of disappointment. Maybe that's what Novak is heading for?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Bye bye Djokovic... Or is it? 🤔

Drago

Legendary Member
The pundits reckon the ministerial privilege rule is near on impossible to challenge. If the Oz's have any sense they'll have him on the first plane out, make it a fait accompli.

It also means No-Vax is now automatically banned from entering Oz for 3 years which will hit him financially.

Still, little sympathy. Hes been caught out in multiple fib, with new ones coming to light daily, and in moving about and mixing in public while infected with a disease that has the potential to be fatal to some of the people out there. Hes treating the laws of multiple countries and the rights and wellbeing of those with whom he comes into contact with utter contempt.

He's discovering that actions have consequences, and being a wealthy sleb sportsperson doesn't make you immune to being slapped back when you take the pith.

Bye bye Djokovic... Or is it? 🤔
Definitely, certainly and for sure. The Federal Government is facing an April GE. Australians rate egalitarianism much much higher than their sports crazy culture. They never entertained tall poppies and they are not about to start now. Remember they made their Cricket captain walk the plank 2 months ago. And cricket captaincy is the second most important job after the PM.

Last edited:
The Immigration Minister's Full Statement.
1642146614421.png

Top Bottom