No Vax Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Anyone that's ever caught an episode of Australian Border Force knew this was only going to end one way.
You mean the final reveal, when they discover that Djokovic's suitcase was full of pickled eggs and unwashed vegetables?

Cut to stern faced officer: "These seeds represent a serious hazard to our biosecurity!"

Dramatic music: Dum-di-dum-di-dum!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
You mean the final reveal, when they discover that Djokovic's suitcase was full of pickled eggs and unwashed vegetables?

Cut to stern faced officer: "These seeds represent a serious hazard to our biosecurity!"

Dramatic music: Dum-di-dum-di-dum!

No it’s where it is where he didn’t declare his tennis racket on the form and his balls are stuffed with nuts.

Cycleops

Legendary Member

They are very serious about their bio security. Before you’re allowed to step off the plane they come down the aisles spraying disinfectant over you.

yello

Captivating watch is 'Border Force' Not only for watching the breathtaking naivety/stupidity of some passengers (how did they ever think they'd get away with that!) AND what happens to people when you give them a badge and a uniform.

I think the Aussie govt/authorities backed themselves into a corner. They've handled it badly and as a result left themselves with only 2 options and neither make them look good. I felt they simply had to revoke Djokovic's visa to enforce the rule of law. To have done otherwise would make them look as though there's preferential treatment (when we all know there is anyway but you just can't openly admit to that!)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
No Vax has had plenty of opportunity to become two Vax. I’d agree catching Covid on Dec 16th is not a valid exemption.

As Jamie Murray said “If it was me, I don’t think I’d be getting that exemption”

yello

Genuine question here (I know I could google)...

I presume he's not being deported (that is, as in the legal definition of) and has simply had his visa cancelled/revoked. I understand deportation would mean he could never re-enter Australia (or certainly not for x years) and I presume they wouldn't want that.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Genuine question here (I know I could google)...

I presume he's not being deported (that is, as in the legal definition of) and has simply had his visa cancelled/revoked. I understand deportation would mean he could never re-enter Australia (or certainly not for x years) and I presume they wouldn't want that.

Deportation is the next step as legally he has no right to enter Australia. But they are expecting another legal challenge. Hence the delay.

icowden

Veteran
No Vax has had plenty of opportunity to become two Vax. I’d agree catching Covid on Dec 16th is not a valid exemption.

As Jamie Murray said “If it was me, I don’t think I’d be getting that exemption”
That's if he even caught it on 16th. Der Spiegel have been looking at the online database and there seems to be evidence to suggest that he actually tested positive on 26th December - which makes things worse not better.

He's obviously not heard that porkie pies can get out of control, and the more lies you tell, the more obvious they become.

yello

Deportation is the next step as legally he has no right to enter Australia. But they are expecting another legal challenge. Hence the delay.
So what you are saying is that he will be (the legal definition of) deported if the challenge fails.

Does that then mean he will no longer be able to re-enter Aus, let alone compete in the Australian Open?

yello

Der Spiegel have been looking at the online database and there seems to be evidence to suggest that he actually tested positive on 26th December - which makes things worse not better.
I've read that and I will be following it. It really does not look good for Djokovic (if true) and he really would have nailed his own coffin.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The process a mate of mine had to go through to take a bike into the country. He couldn't guarantee there was no dirt on his tyres, despite scrubbing the bike, so bought new tyres. He literally had to strip and scrub it before it would be allowed in.

Renata Voracova voluntarily left and is now pursuing Tennis Australia for compensation. It is the right thing to do as they ignored Federal Govt clear documented advice and facilitated an exemption and thereby misleading her.

Novak's Australian lawyers are competent and would have told him very clearly that he had no hope and likely to attract a 3 year ban if he did not leave voluntarily. He ignored it and they got him out on a technicality.

The Federal Govt lead counsel also raised the Minister's power at the hearing so there is not doubt in anyone's mind what the consequence can be. The Federal judge acknowledged the powers and raised the point about the 3 year ban.

So why did he do it? My guess is that Novak has a bigger agenda back home. He has been cultivating clout with political and religious leaders for years. I think he chose martyrdom for future political aims. He has been ambitious and even attempting to start a rival Tennis tour to rival the existing one.

yello

The process a mate of mine had to go through to take a bike into the country. He couldn't guarantee there was no dirt on his tyres, despite scrubbing the bike, so bought new tyres. He literally had to strip and scrub it before it would be allowed in.
That happened to my brother* when he returned to NZ with his mtb.

*in the unlikely event that someone is tracking my posts (why??), I have (had) 3 brothers that I've recently mentioned; one has questionable memory recall, one likes his stereo gear and the other (now sadly departed and my favourite) was, like me, into bikes and we toured a great deal together... I think. One can't always trust ones memories!

Top Bottom