No Vax Djokovic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So what you are saying is that he will be (the legal definition of) deported if the challenge fails.

Does that then mean he will no longer be able to re-enter Aus, let alone compete in the Australian Open?
I think it’s a 3 year ban if deported
The 3 year ban is already in play the moment the Minister made the decision. He has 28 days to appeal. However he will be detained unless he can get a stay order from the courts or the Govt agrees to it until the appeal is heard.

Last edited:

yello

The Federal Govt lead counsel also raised the Minister's power at the hearing so there is not doubt in anyone's mind what the consequence can be. The Federal judge acknowledged the powers and raised the point about the 3 year ban.
Thank you, that answered the question I asked above.

Makes you wonder why Djokovic chose the path he did. I have a kind of saying - don't argue with bouncers. It could equally apply to law enforcement.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, if someone wields an absolute power then you really have to be super careful, play by (their) book and jump through the hoops. Either Djokovic, or his agent, has given the authorities something to point to when they throw the book - and this was highlighted to Djokovic (according to the interpretation above) on at least a couple of occasions. He could have (should have?) taken the hint.

You just don't call the bouncer a thick shoot. You know how it's going to end.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That happened to my brother* when he returned to NZ with his mtb.

*in the unlikely event that someone is tracking my posts (why??), I have (had) 3 brothers that I've recently mentioned; one has questionable memory recall, one likes his stereo gear and the other (now sadly departed and my favourite) was, like me, into bikes and we toured a great deal together... I think. One can't always trust ones memories!
Goes and updates spreadsheet

I think the Oz govt also spent a lot of time investigating what else he did prior to his entry. Respected German investigative weekly Der Spiegel queried the QR code for his PCR test and found that it was issued 10 days after the date originally claimed.

My guess is that he won't appeal as too many things will come out.

It's possible that he's playing to his home audience for political power reasons. Klitschko the boxer is the mayor of Ukrainian capital city. He would be a good role model for Djokovich but imho Djokovich isn't as good a political prospect as Klitschko who is not just a supremely successful boxer but highly intelligent. I don't think Djokovich is as well rounded. However he'll certainly get a few years mixing with the great and good of his home nation after this.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The dog basking in the sun on the lounge floor probably.

So, yes, we must head out for a walk and enjoy the sun.... profiter as the French would say.

Yep I’m heading out after 1pm giving ice a chance to have melted

Top Bottom