Noisy carbon bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Its the sound of the £50 notes in my wallet fluttering

boydj

Legendary Member
Carbon wheels are particularly noisy. My carbon frame has internal cabling which rattles a lot on rough surfaces, but the bike is silent on good road surfaces thanks to aluminium rims.

IBarrett

Über Member
Noisy bikes get on my wick. Whoosh whoosh clackety clackety
Christ some bikes sound more like Sherman tanks than performance cycles
Because of the noise of carbon bikes I've decided to stick with my Allux frame and when I get my new wheels made the instruction will be they need to be quiet(ish)
It also amuses me that I beat carbon bike riders up hills on a bike worth about 1/10th of their price

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member

I just love it, racing against people who do not know they are in a race.

Drago

Legendary Member
It also amuses me that I beat carbon bike riders up hills on a bike worth about 1/10th of their price

My bike is made from oak with granite wheels, and I once overtook Badly Wiggings in his car on the way to the cough medicine shop. I reached in the window as I went by, stole his wallet and gave him a wedgie, before going to look for some aluminium bike riding weaklings to beat up. I then went out on a bender with Elvis, and shave off Lord Lucan's moustache.

*Some of this may reek of bovine excrement, but I can assure you that absolutely none of it is true.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Internal cables are a big cause of rattles. Pop the BB out and shove some pipe insulation up the down tube !! It would drive me mad - I can't stand rattles.

Top Bottom