Nokian 32mm Studded Tyres Group Buy! (?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
UPDATED FRIDAY 15th DECEMBER

So a while back in another thread I raised the idea of ordering a bunch of Nokian Hakkefenakkeplakke A10 622/700 32mm studded tyres from a country that actually sells them (as in, not the UK) and sharing them out.

Why? Well, the narrowest studded tyres you can get in the UK are Schwalbe Marathon Winters at 35mm, which are pretty rare - the more common being 37mm. These are certainly a little TOO wide for my steel road bike, which should accomodate 32mm fine. They are also really rather expensive and really rather heavy (£40+ and well over 1kg each - Nokian A10s are relatively lighter but still damn heavy at around 800g).

After having to be honest really rather fruitless attempts at contacting distributors to ask if they would be interested in selling a bunch to the UK (NONE of the 4-5 I contacted even so much as replied!) I have found a shop in Finland Germany who have a bunch in stock and can order more who are more than happy to send to the uk. Including delivery, they will cost £35 £27.50 each as part of a bulk order.

Delivery will take around 4 working days, and at this time of year possibly up to a week, so I will be getting them delivered to my Mum's house in Barnet, north London where I shall be staying for Christmas.

SUMMARY:
1. Each tyre is £27.50, or £55 a pair (£25 cheaper than Marathon Winters!)
2. They will be ordered Monday 19th December, should arrive by the 22nd, but at this time of year they may arrive late.
3. You may collect at a predetermined time/place in London, from my Mum's in Barnet, or I can post them for £5 (not certain of price, but I'll take the hit if I'm wrong. May be second class - PM me if you want to discuss delivery options)
4. If you want in, PM me. Stock will be limited so it's on a first come first serve basis!

PpPete

Legendary Member
I'd be up for a pair, possibly even two pairs.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
There may not be much of a discount, but adding delivery costs into it should make it a fair bit cheaper. Whether the reduction in cost makes up for the inconvenience will depend on what kind of offer I can get - I've been in touch with another store who may be even cheaper.

PpPete

Legendary Member
ATTENTION!

Ordering some today, so if you want in - PM me.

Can you firm up on the price for one pair incl delivery to non-London address ?

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
UPDATE:

Store I'm buying from only has a couple in stock right now, with more in on Monday, so I shall order them then.

It is possible, if unlikely, they won't arrive before Christmas. I'd expect them to arrive on the 22nd

Good news: Each pair will cost £55 (plus £5 if you can't meet in London and want me to post them on) That's a fairly significant price reduction, and a great deal cheaper than a pair of Marathon Winters (around £80!)

I have 3 people commited via PM so far, so if you want a pair send me a PM asap.

Number ordered depends on number received by vendor, so first come first serve.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
UPDATE:

Store I'm buying from only has a couple in stock right now, with more in on Monday, so I shall order them then.

It is possible, if unlikely, they won't arrive before Christmas. I'd expect them to arrive on the 22nd

Good news: Each pair will cost £55 (plus £5 if you can't meet in London and want me to post them on) That's a fairly significant price reduction, and a great deal cheaper than a pair of Marathon Winters (around £80!)

I have 3 people commited via PM so far, so if you want a pair send me a PM asap.

Number ordered depends on number received by vendor, so first come first serve.

can you respond to my PM so I know you got it. Not sure I did it right!

Top Bottom