Non cyclists look upon cyclists as weird

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Do you ever experience people who don't cycle, judge you as a strange character for cycling. I find it really funny sometimes when talking to non cyclist friends about some of the goals I've managed ,and then to see there attitudes and expression on there faces.
Being proud this year of managing to cycle across wales in a day ,I tell them about it when the subject of cycling crops up. Some of the comments you get back are hilarious."You must be mental" or " you've got to much spare time and need to get out more and get a life mate".
To a non cyclist some look upon you as if you've got some sort of disease or mid life crisis going on ,and hope one day it can be cured with therapy lol.
Just tonight a friend of mine has been doing a spot of matchmaking for me and told the "other party" I enjoy cycling but don't worry he's not obsessive with it , as if it could be some sort of potential disease i could be harbouring for the future. They often look at it as "what's the point of cycling there just to stop for a drink and bite to eat only to come back home"
As hard as I try to explain why, they just don't get it.
It is funny though watching there reactions of thinking I'm one bulb short of a pack :-) :-)

classic33

Leg End Member
I got similar cycling to work, either in Leeds city centre or doing the four day weekend on split shifts.

Classed as completly mad for doing Dublin to Ennis in the one go/day.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Acceptable obsessions for adults include watching men in shorts kicking a ball around a field, cars, beer. If you include Radio 4 listeners, add political party leadership challenges. Everthing else is trainspotting.

FTFY

Top Bottom