Non cyclists need recalibrating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Would it still be disrespectful if it was Christian metal?

* To the churchgoers, I mean. The existence of Christian metal is disrespectful to an entire genre of music

View: https://youtu.be/vI32XXo_hm0

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Please stop being fixated about Churches, this is wider than just Churches, it covers all sorts of things, village halls, farm yards, diaries, airports, it's about people moving into an area where there is known noise & then complaining about the noise.
Most of those are intermittent and/or much more obviously noisy. Plenty of churches either don't have automatic bells or don't ring them overnight. Also, the bell noise is not a core part of their function.

I'm not fixated but they are a pretty unusual problem and people seem to go all irrational in defence of them, almost religious, for some reason.

Last edited:

Seevio

Guru
...I still maintain, that if something is there when you move in tough, you should have moved somewhere else, you should forgo the right to complain, if it was new after the event then fine.
The law sort of disagrees. As far as I can work it out, it depends on whether you are in an area where you could reasonably expect a nuisance. Wiki linky.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
But we all know the law is an Ass

And Asses can be bloody noisy.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Let's see how many weeks it takes the council to get round to processing my complaint! (If they haven't done anything by the New Year then I will push harder.)
I finally got a reply today.

The council said that these planning issues take a long time to resolve, but they are investigating and they will update me when they have news.

classic33

Leg End Member
I finally got a reply today.

The council said that these planning issues take a long time to resolve, but they are investigating and they will update me when they have news.
Same answer I was given when I asked earlier this year. No response to date though, with regards what they plan on doing about it. It was there for over a year before it opened.

Copy in Coun. Daniel sutherland in any future requests.

Last edited:

Johnno260

Veteran
That was fun.. lady in a BMW pulled out a pub car park this morning right in front of me, she looked and still pulled out, I hit the brakes and managed to stop but in the process dropped the bike, somehow I stayed on my feet no idea how.

Old guy walking towards me tried to flag her down and stepped into the road she just floored it and went round him with her hand on the horn.

Bikes ok just some scuffed paint work/pedals and I have some bruises and scrapes on my calf’s.

Car behind and the old man and his wife were fantastic checking to make sure I was ok.

Kinda sums up my year in the saddle so far, it’s my fault for posting that in general I feel safe on the roads around my home.

I didn’t get her plate I was to preoccupied with not hitting the deck, and then getting out the road

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
That was fun.. lady in a BMW pulled out a pub car park this morning right in front of me, she looked and still pulled out, I hit the brakes and managed to stop but in the process dropped the bike, somehow I stayed on my feet no idea how.

Old guy walking towards me tried to flag her down and stepped into the road she just floored it and went round him with her hand on the horn.

Bikes ok just some scuffed paint work/pedals and I have some bruises and scrapes on my calf’s.

Car behind and the old man and his wife were fantastic checking to make sure I was ok.

Kinda sums up my year in the saddle so far, it’s my fault for posting that in general I feel safe on the roads around my home.

I didn’t get her plate I was to preoccupied with not hitting the deck, and then getting out the road

You should report that. She's failed to stop at a damage RTC, an offence.

Top Bottom