1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non cyclists say the funniest things..

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by mickle, 19 Oct 2007.

1. Like 'I saw a great bike today Mick, you'd have loved it'!

'Oh yeah'? I say, 'What make was it'?

'Er.. dunno, cant remember'.

'What colour was it then'?

'Um... cant remember'.

Bunch of cants.

2. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

On a roadshow a while back

"Look at that bike....it's got wheels and everything!"

3. Brilliant!

Nice holiday?

4. Hilldodger

Hilldodger Über Member

Yep, ta.

Now getting stuck in to a couple of new projects at CM.:ohmy:

Still need to come up to York and should be arranging when later today.

5. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

We had that one, only it was "it's got brakes and everything", which I thought said a lot about the bikes they normally rode.

More puzzling though: "Ooh, look, you steer it (a recumbent trike) with your hands!"

6. Carwash

Carwash Señor Member

Arch! You're back! :ohmy: How was the wee bairn?

7. Out on cannock chase with my friend who rides a singlespeed. Stopped at a caf for a cuppa and a cake.
    Random bloke to my friend: 'is that a singlespeed?'
    Friend: 'Yes'
    Bloke walked off.

8. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Well, it's a really weird bike - so it wouldn't be that stupid to assume you steer it with your feet, because of the fact your feet are in front.
    Still fairly stupid though, but not incredibly stupid.

9. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

On a more serious note it amazes me how non-cyclists think it's impossible to cycle more than 10 miles. as if there's some invisible wall that you can't get through. In my exit interview for my current job i was telling the director about my new job, and how it was a 23 mile journey to it. He said 'oh, well you certainly won't be cycling then.' well, maybe not every day but i'll be giving it a go...

11. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

indeed, you'd have thought my commute into work included alp d'huez from the look on people's faces when i tell them i cycle to work. and it's a tad less than 5 miles :ohmy:

12. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

When I walked into the half empty office at Christmas time, when it snowed down here (yeah yeah, not proper snow etc etc :ohmy: ) I was covered in grime and yuck from the 12kms from station to office, I got looks as if I had literally cycled over Everest to get in.

13. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

A work colleague saw me I arrive on my bicycle at a sailing club some eight miles from home and greeted me with "Did you cycle here?"
    It was difficult to think of a polite response. :ohmy:

14. I get this constantly now that I have moved to Watford. "you cycle from there to London?", "yes", "but it takes about an hour in a car" "I suppose it does, I can do it in around 40 minutes on the bike".....the I nearly always get this "you must be crazy". I try and explain that maybe they're the crazy ones for sitting in a car for an hour, but they never get it!!!

15. I've had this as well, but wearing bibshorts, overshoes and a cycle helmet!!!!!