Non cyclists say the funniest things..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Like 'I saw a great bike today Mick, you'd have loved it'!

'Oh yeah'? I say, 'What make was it'?

'Er.. dunno, cant remember'.

'What colour was it then'?

'Um... cant remember'.

Bunch of cants.

On a roadshow a while back

"Look at that bike....it's got wheels and everything!"

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hilldodger said:
On a roadshow a while back

"Look at that bike....it's got wheels and everything!"

We had that one, only it was "it's got brakes and everything", which I thought said a lot about the bikes they normally rode.

More puzzling though: "Ooh, look, you steer it (a recumbent trike) with your hands!"

Carwash

Señor Member
Arch said:
We had that one, only it was "it's got brakes and everything", which I thought said a lot about the bikes they normally rode.

More puzzling though: "Ooh, look, you steer it (a recumbent trike) with your hands!"

Arch! You're back! :ohmy: How was the wee bairn?

bonj2

Arch said:

Well, it's a really weird bike - so it wouldn't be that stupid to assume you steer it with your feet, because of the fact your feet are in front.
Still fairly stupid though, but not incredibly stupid.

bonj2

Kirstie said:
Out on cannock chase with my friend who rides a singlespeed. Stopped at a caf for a cuppa and a cake.
Random bloke to my friend: 'is that a singlespeed?'
Friend: 'Yes'
Bloke walked off.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

bonj2

On a more serious note it amazes me how non-cyclists think it's impossible to cycle more than 10 miles. as if there's some invisible wall that you can't get through. In my exit interview for my current job i was telling the director about my new job, and how it was a 23 mile journey to it. He said 'oh, well you certainly won't be cycling then.' well, maybe not every day but i'll be giving it a go...

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
On a more serious note it amazes me how non-cyclists think it's impossible to cycle more than 10 miles. as if there's some invisible wall that you can't get through. In my exit interview for my current job i was telling the director about my new job, and how it was a 23 mile journey to it. He said 'oh, well you certainly won't be cycling then.' well, maybe not every day but i'll be giving it a go...

indeed, you'd have thought my commute into work included alp d'huez from the look on people's faces when i tell them i cycle to work. and it's a tad less than 5 miles :ohmy:

When I walked into the half empty office at Christmas time, when it snowed down here (yeah yeah, not proper snow etc etc :ohmy: ) I was covered in grime and yuck from the 12kms from station to office, I got looks as if I had literally cycled over Everest to get in.

snorri

Legendary Member
A work colleague saw me I arrive on my bicycle at a sailing club some eight miles from home and greeted me with "Did you cycle here?"
It was difficult to think of a polite response. :ohmy:

bonj said:

I get this constantly now that I have moved to Watford. "you cycle from there to London?", "yes", "but it takes about an hour in a car" "I suppose it does, I can do it in around 40 minutes on the bike".....the I nearly always get this "you must be crazy". I try and explain that maybe they're the crazy ones for sitting in a car for an hour, but they never get it!!!

Top Bottom