Non-Desk Jobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Retired now but in 50+ years working I had lots of crap/iffy jobs and 3 really good jobs.
1) 1966. Cadbury's. Store-keeper. 2 years till I married and moved.
2) 1985. Europian sales manager. Long hours and hard work but exciting.
3) 1990........2010. My own company. Again hard work but rewarding.

I didn't have a desk. I had a bench!

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Now semi retired, I have a four and a half year old to bring up and am full time carer for my eighty six year old mum who has just returned home after spending the last five months in hospital and nursing home. Very rewarding.
My previous work included wiredrawing, taking steel rod and making it into wire, towards the end of my career in wire production we had five huge high speed wire drawing machines to run between two of us working twelve hour shifts.

screenman

Legendary Member
I have a few different sources of income one of them is PDR which is financially very rewarding and something I still really get a buzz from.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I worked for the Royal Mail once upon a time...every job after that has been less and less glamorous. Some people hate RM, but that was one of the best places I have ever worked. I thought id have at least 30-40years there but unfortunately my employment with them was cut short at 6 years due to budget cuts.

Now I have a frontline customer services job dealing with people who are rude and have no respect for others.

Last edited:
Last week I made a bolt for the gate.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
[QUOTE 4314574, member: 259"]I don't think you have to have a front line customer services job to get that. it's called corporate culture nowadays .[/QUOTE]

I wish i didnt have to put up with such crap but money is money and bills are bills and bills need to be paid. Tried to find work in the IT sector but even lower level IT tech jobs are so demanding these days - They dont want you just to know about the tech but about programming & databases etc etc - you end up doing 3 other peoples jobs.

Top Bottom