Noob - 6 months on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a great start, keep going!

Cyclist33

So Sunday I had a message on skyride from a fellow cyclist asking if I fancied joining up for a ride out. I finished work at 11am pedalled home and got something to eat and was eager to get out (slightly nervous too). 12:30 hit got the message it was still on and meet time was 1ish and set off.

I had no idea what/who to expect lol , The lady led and we went out at a nice steady pace, went via some cycle paths that I had no idea was there and headed up to Combe Abbey and back. Ended up doing 17miles and bloomin hell I was/am well pleased and very eager to do more. Add the 10mile (all together) commute too and I did 27miles.

So anyone thinking they cant cycle is wrong :smile: Im a very fat/heavy guy and I managed far more than I expected. I just got to make it a regular thing now.
Top marks!!

OP
OP
S

Sim2003

Good on ye mate, I'm more or less in the same boat, feels good tho doesn't it :-D

Yes m8 it does feel great. I keep getting cancelled on for extra rides atm, poor timing and horrid weather. So added a mile onto my commute, will add another on when a road I want to use re opens. May venture to a family member 13 mile out although not too keen on going solo.

dee.jay

Network Ninja
I did a 19 mile ride within a few weeks of starting on my own. It is a bit daunting but what's the worse that can happen? A puncture maybe? :smile:

dee.jay

Network Ninja
Yeah I did a 31 miler the other week and I had to go home and retain some energy as I then commuted 7 miles to work on the Bike too ! :biggrin:

OP
OP
S

Sim2003

Yeah I did a 31 miler the other week and I had to go home and retain some energy as I then commuted 7 miles to work on the Bike too ! :biggrin:

Roughly how long does that take you dee.jay ? I worry more for my butt and and other body parts hurting before my legs give in.

dee.jay

Network Ninja
35 minutes there (7.1 miles)
30 ish back (6 miles)

I take a slightly longer route in because it's nicer and nicer to get home a bit quicker though the weather was nice today. I also work 12 hour shifts and I don't really mind the cycle - quite relaxing once I'm through town and onto the cycle paths

Top Bottom