North West Passage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
I'm planning on meeting you lot and will see how long I can stick with you for. I'm happy that I'm fit enough for the distance but I'd never describe myself as fast!

So how will I spot you? I might be in my cyclechat kit, probably a pink jacket depending on the weather. But my bike is easy to spot, pink bar tape, pink cable outers and pink bottle cages!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
trio25 said:
I'm planning on meeting you lot and will see how long I can stick with you for. I'm happy that I'm fit enough for the distance but I'd never describe myself as fast!

So how will I spot you? I might be in my cyclechat kit, probably a pink jacket depending on the weather. But my bike is easy to spot, pink bar tape, pink cable outers and pink bottle cages!
Photographs of me, longers and Calum are on that Hebden Bridge thread. I'll be wearing the same kit on Saturday (Ooh, I've just remembered - I must wash it before then!). Look for a couple of middle-aged blokes (me, colly) who appear to be taking their teenage son/nephew (Calum!) out for a run.

My bike is instantly recognisable - it's a blue steel-framed Basso but it has a pair of non-matching carbon fibre forks (celeste/yellow) which I transplanted off my old Bianchi and haven't got round to repainting. You can see it on the right of the Country Kitchen photograph on the HB thread.

trio25

Über Member
I have met Colly and Callum on a ride that Longers organised. Hopefully I'll find you there.

ColinJ

trio25 said:
I have met Colly and Callum on a ride that Longers organised. Hopefully I'll find you there.
Oh yes, the Holme Moss ride back in December - I'd forgotten that you all did that. Well, just look for the tallish middle-aged guy in the yellow jacket standing next to them! :ohmy:

ColinJ

Calum said:
If it's really hammering down, will you lot still be doing it? I don't fancy 100 miles in the rain!!
The forecast seems to be changing quite rapidly at the moment, but it currently isn't looking great for Saturday - wet and very windy! :ohmy:

If the weather is bad, I'll be tempted to cut out the extra trips to and from Rochdale. That would knock about 28 miles off the total. If it is really awful, I'd have to ask myself if I wanted to do even 75 miles in it.

I might bodge my mudguards back on just in case...

bonj2

ColinJ said:
The forecast seems to be changing quite rapidly at the moment, but it currently isn't looking great for Saturday - wet and very windy! :smile:

If the weather is bad, I'll be tempted to cut out the extra trips to and from Rochdale. That would knock about 28 miles off the total. If it is really awful, I'd have to ask myself if I wanted to do even 75 miles in it.

I might bodge my mudguards back on just in case...
bodge!;)
should have them on anyway :biggrin:

i have got them on :smile:

Christopher

Über Member
Can't do this ride, am in London, but good luck to you all

Although I just will point out that Colin's "senic detour out of Whalley" looks suspiciously like the climb up Whalley Bank which is very hard: sustained 1 in 7 to 1 in 8 for just under a kilometre, near as I can figure. Never mind, you will thank him for the experience... when you can speak again!

ColinJ

_Ben_ said:
There isn't clearance to fit them properly so a bodge was the only way to get them to fit.

bodged_basso_002.jpg

ColinJ

Frustruck said:
Although I just will point out that Colin's "senic detour out of Whalley" looks suspiciously like the climb up Whalley Bank which is very hard: sustained 1 in 7 to 1 in 8 for just under a kilometre, near as I can figure. Never mind, you will thank him for the experience... when you can speak again!
Do you know something - I didn't even notice that climb on my map! I must be gettering doddery in my old age... I think that is the one that PaulB was telling us about on Saturday. I almost feel tempted to try that one. Almost! ;) I think I'll leave it until I'm a better climbing weight...

No, the road I'm talking about is further down the hillside. It is easier and goes through York before finally meeting up with the road which comes over from Whalley Bank.

Top Bottom