Northern Rock Cyclone 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carolonabike

We went to Elsdon on Sunday, the weather held up and we only got a little wet. I'm feeling more confident now, especially since I'm not actually doing that route :biggrin:. But I reckon if I can do 56 miles including Billsmoor and the Gibbet then I'll be ok doing 66 with the Ryals thrown in at the end.

My mum was telling me yesterday about one of their tamdem club rides. There was a couple with a young child in a childseat. They struggled up the Ryals then, when they finally got to the top noticed that the little girl had lost one of her shoes. They knew she had it on at the bottom so there was only one thing to do... The husband left the wife and daughter at the top and went back down on the bike to retrieve the shoe :ohmy:. Poor soul.

I've just looked at the start list for Sunday; Geraint Thomas, Bradley Wiggins, Mark Cavendish and Ed Clancy are all down as starters (I have a bit of a thing about Ed Clancy ever since I saw him at the Manchester Velodrome :laugh: ) It should be a good day.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I'm doing the 66 mile route, plus the bit from Pont the 4.5 miles back along the route to the start and then home again after. Hopefully on my old Dawes if I can get it back together in time, otherwise it'll be on the hybrid which is much slower. :sad:

Forecast's for rain but 16 degrees on Saturday.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Had my last ride out yesterday before the 107 on Sat. Finished getting the bike ready too. Would be good to have a bit of sun, but never mind... Northumberland looks good in the rain anyway. Have a good ride everyone. I'm gonna go sign up Friday evening, catch some of the crits in Leazes Park. Have a good ride on Sat everyone!

perplexed

Guru
Had my last ride out yesterday before the 107 on Sat. Finished getting the bike ready too. Would be good to have a bit of sun, but never mind... Northumberland looks good in the rain anyway. Have a good ride everyone. I'm gonna go sign up Friday evening, catch some of the crits in Leazes Park. Have a good ride on Sat everyone!

Yep, bike fiddling done now, so have a good ride to one and all!

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've also done hardly any training over the last few weeks - telling myself that means I'll be fresh for Saturday. Oh well, its only the longest ride and the most climbing I've ever done :smile:

Good riding everyone.
thumbsup.png

Martin

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yeah, just seen that Graham, looking good now! Yesterday, the forecast was for rain, rain and more rain. Now it's phew what a scorcher!

Paul_L

Über Member
did 30miles on Tuesday and 45miles last night.

Hopefully i'll be ok for the 104miles but if not i might switch down to the 66. Bit of a shame the routes change after only 28miles. A bit early to tell if i've another 70+ miles in the legs.

Am really hoping this will my first century.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
did 30miles on Tuesday and 45miles last night.

Hopefully i'll be ok for the 104miles but if not i might switch down to the 66. Bit of a shame the routes change after only 28miles. A bit early to tell if i've another 70+ miles in the legs.

Am really hoping this will my first century.

I'd say go for it, Paul_L... obviously I don't know you, or your cycling capabilities, but the route gets that much more interesting after rides B and C divide at Forestburn Gate... !
smile.gif

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
According to latest BBC Weather Saturday's supposed to be 4 mph SE wind from 10am turning to 4 mph W wind after sandwiches at 1pm... if held up [tea and cake?] until 4 it increases to 8mph up the Ryals.

As if!

I'll be the slow one... [No 1963!]

KEEF

Veteran
Well it looks like I am towing Joshua round the car park at Kingston Park
blush.gif
His Mammy is in Hospital
sad.gif
and I have to look after him all weekend. So if all goes well look out for me and say hello to Joshua
wave.gif
I was so looking forward to my first "100"

Paul_L

Über Member
I'd say go for it, Paul_L... obviously I don't know you, or your cycling capabilities, but the route gets that much more interesting after rides B and C divide at Forestburn Gate... !
smile.gif

that is definately my plan.

I've over 1600 miles in the legs in 2011 but longest being 65 miles, so i know i'm going deep into unknown territory. BUT there is a big field with plenty of company all being well, and i'm in no rush. If it takes me 10hrs that's fine! Just as long as i enjoy myself and don't half kill myself!

Top Bottom