Not a single flight over Scotland.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
The 152 and 172 have load ratings that make them theoretically capable of doing so, but they're not certified for that purpose by the CAA. If it was a Cessna, and if it was doing aerobatics the pilots would be facing a very significant fine and permanent loss of his or her ticket

Better tell these guys they are breaking the law, then:

dodgy

Doing a loop while towing a banner would seem fairly imprudent.

Loops can be horizontal, I guess it's more conventional to call it 'circuits' I suppose.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Easyjet’s first flight to Glasgow Airport landed this morning from Gatwick with 51 passengers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...ick-glasgow-passengers-covid-19-a9566036.html
Almost all the passengers on board the 186-seat jet were off-duty easyJet cabin crew wanting to experience the “new normal” aboard Britain’s biggest budget airline.

Hardly "essential travel" then? I hope oor Nicola was at the airport to turn them straight back onto the aircraft with the words "Stay at home!" ringing in their ears! Seriously; if we're sticking to essential travel, what is the point of these flights? If it's all that essential, they can come by road. No need to book in advance then either. Close the border Nicola, and make them do 14 days quarantine if you're REALLY serious about flexing your muscles and enforcing different rules to our neighbours :rolleyes:.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hardly "essential travel" then? I hope oor Nicola was at the airport to turn them straight back onto the aircraft with the words "Stay at home!" ringing in their ears! Seriously; if we're sticking to essential travel, what is the point of these flights? If it's all that essential, they can come by road. No need to book in advance then either. Close the border Nicola, and make them do 14 days quarantine if you're REALLY serious about flexing your muscles and enforcing different rules to our neighbours :rolleyes:.
Surely hands on training around the changes is essential for crew? They need to know what to expect and no harm in doing the training with other team members?
Presumably most will simply fly back to London on the return leg?

vickster

Legendary Member
I would have thought that training would be possible without actually flying anywhere, but I really don't know.
Presumably conditions on a plane in the air are rather different to those in a training room or a simulator if a full sized A320 one exists

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Loops can be horizontal

Only if you're Humpty Dumpty.

6a00e54fce13cf883401a3fd1368e6970b-pi.gif

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

Surely it is being done for sound scientific reasons? ;)

classic33

Leg End Member
Seen them coming in this morning as I was a bit later going to work this morning. It still looked like a ghost town by early afternoon so I reckon it was probably the only one.
There's been at least two(Loganair) since 18:30, and a departure from Glasgow to Belfast.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Generally speaking, the only aircraft we have seen for the last 2 months have been light aircraft and military, notably more military transports from the big stuff to Ospreys...oh, and an Apache type helicopter over Alconbury, you see them occasionally here.
Had this big bugger fly low over us whilst sitting in the garden enjoying a cool beer at lunchtime.
C17 Globemaster which is here for 3 days practicing tactical landings at Chivenor. Heard it coming in and thought 'What the hell is that?'. Only just had time to grab my phone and take a snap.
Could see the rivets on it. :surrender:

Slick

Guru
Had this big bugger fly low over us whilst sitting in the garden enjoying a cool beer at lunchtime.
C17 Globemaster which is here for 3 days practicing tactical landings at Chivenor. Heard it coming in and thought 'What the hell is that?'. Only just had time to grab my phone and take a snap.
Could see the rivets on it. :surrender:

View attachment 530225
That was doing the same here just before lockdown.

Top Bottom