Not a single flight over Scotland.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Couple vapour trails overhead here a short while ago, we also see a good few light aircraft and being close to quite a few raf based get them during the week.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
There are few reasons to go to Aberdeen, [unless you live there]!
I like Aberdeen. Spent quite a lot of time in the area.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I like Aberdeen. Spent quite a lot of time in the area.
The East Coast is a tough place in the winter- very grey.
Spent a lot of time surveying NTfS places in Deeside in the late 70s. Oil and gas forced Aberdeen prices way out of the locals' pockets for a long time in the 80s- though I imagine it's settled down again now.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The East Coast is a tough place in the winter- very grey.
Spent a lot of time surveying NTfS places in Deeside in the late 70s. Oil and gas forced Aberdeen prices way out of the locals' pockets for a long time in the 80s- though I umagine it's settled down again now.
We still have a flat in Summerfield Terrace but I don't think it would sell for enough to buy anywhere in the villages near Oban nowadays.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
I know this is totally off topic "not a single flight over Scotland" however I attended a conference in 2006 at the time Aberdeen was regarded as the "crack" capital of the UK as it had a large influx of prostitutes and blokes working long shifts on rigs, there was a lot of money spent on "recreation"

Slick

Guru
I know this is totally off topic "not a single flight over Scotland" however I attended a conference in 2006 at the time Aberdeen was regarded as the "crack" capital of the UK as it had a large influx of prostitutes and blokes working long shifts on rigs, there was a lot of money spent on "recreation"
Nobody told me. :eek:

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Trans Atlantic flights go over my place at 38,000 ft leaving con trails also I am on landing vector route for Newcastle airport, they come over lower about 6000 ft.
There hasn't been even one in weeks.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Sorry @Slick
I was a Prison/police drugs liaison Officer at the time, I went to lots of conferences, this one in particular (crack and methamphetamine) was given by the head of dug liaison with the Scottish police, he was a very informed/respected chap, he said it started years previous when a group of prostitutes left Birmingham to get away from their dealers who they owed money to, it kind of escalated from there, dock side if IRC

classic33

Leg End Member
@welsh dragon, three in your nec o'woods

Slick

Guru
Sorry @Slick
I was a Prison/police drugs liaison Officer at the time, I went to lots of conferences, this one in particular (crack and methamphetamine) was given by the head of dug liaison with the Scottish police, he was a very informed/respected chap, he said it started years previous when a group of prostitutes left Birmingham to get away from their dealers who they owed money to, it kind of escalated from there, dock side if IRC
I'm only kidding, and whilst I don't doubt you for a single second, my experience of Aberdeen was very different but it's like any city, depends who you hang around with and where you go. I was more interested in the outlying areas of which there are many, all of which had something to offer. Of course, I'd be lying if I told you I was totally unaware of what was on offer down the docks. :blush:

Top Bottom