Not a single flight over Scotland.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Sorry @Slick
I was a Prison/police drugs liaison Officer at the time, I went to lots of conferences, this one in particular (crack and methamphetamine) was given by the head of dug liaison with the Scottish police, he was a very informed/respected chap, he said it started years previous when a group of prostitutes left Birmingham to get away from their dealers who they owed money to, it kind of escalated from there, dock side if IRC

I lived in Peterhead for a year, during that time any trip to Aberdeen was like revisiting civilisation! I really liked it there.

Slick

Guru
I lived in Peterhead for a year, during that time any trip to Aberdeen was like revisiting civilisation! I really liked it there.
The blue toon will do that to you. :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
There are usually lots of contrails over here, recently hardly any. Quite a few helicopters though.

And just in case you thought the world was about to change, flights to Newquay have just been announced from our local airport:
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-leeds/leeds-bradford-airport-cornwall-flights-18383496 - mind you, it's cheaper and 7 hours quicker than the train...
There seems to have been an increase in the number of helicopters in the area. Almost as though they were being used like taxis, by those who can afford them.

Drago

Legendary Member
Doing loops in an aircraft not rated for aerobatics is also liable to earn the pilot a thrashing across the back of the thighs from his housemaster.

midlife

Guru
Had a look over Cumbria this morning and only a lone Piper tooling around from Blackpool to Warton. Just out of curiosity is there a site that shows military planes in and out of the range at Spadeadem?

classic33

Leg End Member
Cargo flight from Miami just gone over.

classic33

Leg End Member
Had a look over Cumbria this morning and only a lone Piper tooling around from Blackpool to Warton. Just out of curiosity is there a site that shows military planes in and out of the range at Spadeadem?
This one mentioned by fossyant

There's this one, mentioned by fossyant
Someone is having fun - took off from Sheffield area

I find ADS-B Exchange better for tracking military aircraft.

View attachment 529945

Drago

Legendary Member
Some Cessnas are cleared to perform loops.

Just not when trailing a banner.
What model of Cessna? If it was one of their high wing models, which it would be for technical reasons if it were towing a banner, then they are most assuredly not rated for aerobatics in British airspace.

The 152 and 172 have load ratings that make them theoretically capable of doing so, but they're not certified for that purpose by the CAA. If it was a Cessna, and if it was doing aerobatics the pilots would be facing a very significant fine and permanent loss of his or her ticket

Last edited:
Top Bottom