not all mudguards are equal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
The guards do a good job of keeping your crotch and crack drier though.
That was the main reason for me fitting them. All the muck stays within the guards or on the bike. Surprisingly little of it reaches me, and of any that does it is almost entirely restricted to my feet and shins. I deal with this by using gortex lined shoes and neoprene over shoes if I know it is going to get splashy. This results in a happy rider when I arrive at my destination ^_^

That was the main reason for me fitting them. All the muck stays within the guards or on the bike. Surprisingly little of it reaches me, and of any that does it is almost entirely restricted to my feet and shins. I deal with this by using gortex lined shoes and neoprene over shoes if I know it is going to get splashy. This results in a happy rider when I arrive at my destination ^_^
Of course that's what they do. I'm referring to my original post where I stated that they don't have to be as wide as the tyre (or wider) to be effective. But I also don't think getting them as close to the tyre as possible has any benefits.

Top Bottom