Not for love or money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
@Accy cyclist I'd empty poop bins all day for £30k and a pension
I don't think they'll be on that wage, more like 20 grand a year I'd say. I just could not do that all day long! I don't think constant retching is good for the stomach and oesophagus, so doing it in my case about 50 times a day, could lead to serious health problems. 🤔

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Anything involving having face to face contact with customers/idiots and having to be polite to them no matter what.
At least with phone contact there's the mute button while you call them Bleeping Daffodils and the slamming down of the handset afterwards can be quite theraputic.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
There are lots of jobs I wouldn't do, mostly because I can't do them!
Anything, but anything where maths is important.
This I would do, but I doubt anyone would offer me a job that involves maths, I can barely count to 10, mention numbers, my brain just goes into shutdown :laugh: :laugh:
Food taster would be my not for love nor money job.
This I would do for free!
I just could not do that all day long! I don't think constant retching is good for the stomach and oesophagus, so doing it in my case about 50 times a day, could lead to serious health problems. 🤔
Never say never: if, before Corona, you would have told me I would have a job that involves cleaning lots of toilets for really good wages, I would have said never.
And yet ... :laugh:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There are lots of jobs I wouldn't do, mostly because I can't do them!

This I would do, but I doubt anyone would offer me a job that involves maths, I can barely count to 10, mention numbers, my brain just goes into shutdown :laugh: :laugh:

This I would do for free!

Never say never: if, before Corona, you would have told me I would have a job that involves cleaning lots of toilets for really good wages, I would have said never.
And yet ... :laugh:

:ohmy: xx( xx( xx( :laugh: :okay:

stephec

Legendary Member
They might, but I wouldn't.

Sanity is worth more than cash.

I'm not sure that £100,000 would tempt me to spend a single day in London***, let alone a month in a job that I hated/feared!

*** If somebody would like to put 100 grand into an escrow account which I would have to go to London to collect, we could put it to the test! :laugh:

If you can't go through with it I'll be your stunt double for a 50:50 split.

Zanelad

Guru
Teacher.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
The thread isn't about what you are doing or would like to do, it is about what you would never do! :okay:

Heights would definitely be a no-no for me. Anything involving meeting or talking to lots of people would be too.

I too would not want to deal with anything physically or emotionally distressing like that. It is a good thing that there are some people who will do it, but I don't know how they can cope with it. I bet a lot eventually pay the price with poor mental health outcomes!

[As for what I would want... Let me work in a quiet room (windows optional), no people to interact with, no manager watching my every move, and no deadlines to meet. Just give me the time, money, and space to do something creative without any stress - my idea of heaven. I would surface eventually with the fruits of my labours! :laugh:]
I more or less have that now.

I have my own classroom (English Room) where I can hide in between lessons. No one watching my every move and few, if any, people to interact with so no crowded staffrooms.

I do have windows and deadlines to meet for lessons. :becool:

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Coal merchant
Lift those heavy dirty bags all day no thanks!!

When I was a student, I used to work in a bar, as many students do.

I was in charge of the cellar (as I'd worked in bars for many years beforehand). The cellar door was at street level, so, when the truck arrived, I put a large mat on the floor in the cellar so the full barrels could just be dropped down by the driver. I took the empty barrels, which still weighed a bit, and deadlifted them above my head to the driver above.

No need to go to the gym much then and my shoulders were huge after a few months of doing that 3x a week. :becool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom