Now That is Steep.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Perhaps the forum needs a 'done this before' addon. :laugh:

It would certainly help a certain member with the Good Jokes thread :whistle:
I suggest that somebody should compose a list of all possible thread topics. As we create threads about those topics then we insert links to the threads in the list. If you want to start a thread, then go and grab the thread title from the list. If you find a link to a pre-existing thread, then post your contribution there instead.

The only problem now is to find enough people to type out the list, and a few trillion webservers to store the list on ... :laugh:

MarkF

Guru
Anybody familiar with Carr lane in Shipley? That looks steeper to me. I use the Aire Valley 95% of the time but either side of it are horrendous climbs, much worse than I've ever hit abroad, even through mountain range grinds. They might be short climbs but boy are they steep. A West Yorkshireman laughs in the face of the Pyrenees.^_^

Quote I found :- "Having ridden Box Hill it was nothing compared to some of the hills in Yorkshire Carr lane in Shipley now there is proper hill especially if you have been out with the chain gang."

The pic shows the road before it properly drops, it's like going over the edge of a cliff.

5321269434_c48131ff85_b.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Surely you just need a low gear and you can get up anything - well, untill you fall over backwards. That said, I have done the falling over backwards thing on a scrambling bike.

U

User482

Surely you just need a low gear and you can get up anything - well, untill you fall over backwards. That said, I have done the falling over backwards thing on a scrambling bike.

I had real trouble with Lever's Hill last week: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/11829269

I couldn't get out of the saddle as my back wheel just span out on the wet and muddy surface, and I don't have the leg strength to climb a long, 20% gradient when seated.

Slick

Guru
I've got the leg strength... it's the lack of lung capacity I have a problem with (the result of almost 30 years of smoking).
Same with me, cant help being filled by regret every time I get to stare at my mates in tne distance every time we hit anything that resembles a hill.

I've got the leg strength... it's the lack of lung capacity I have a problem with (the result of almost 30 years of smoking).
Same with me...loads in tank with legs but lungs were exploding....3 years of vaping and they both hurt....i blame it on passing 50 lol!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Really in 1983?

It was made one way in 1939

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Has anyone done the road to the Great Orme in Llandudno, where the tram is? Don't know what the gradient is but it is 1st Gear job by car. I wouldn't even attempt to do it on the bike, far too old for that.

Top Bottom