Nutrition Advice - Want to maintain weight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c.baker51

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm 6ft, and before I started cycling to work (11 miles each way), I was a comfortable 12 stone...... Which worked for me. I've always had trouble putting weight on (I know - i'm a B*****d)..... But it sucks when people refer to you as skinny, or ill looking.

Well, since cycling I've lost nearly a stone. I'm 11.1 at the mo, and would like to prevent losing any more - ideally get back to 12 stone......... Any Advice on what to eat etc.
Also - I play squash 3 times a week :smile:

Thanks

Joffey

Big Dosser
Fish and Chips. Every night. (My idea of heaven)

S-Express

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm 6ft, and before I started cycling to work (11 miles each way), I was a comfortable 12 stone...... Which worked for me. I've always had trouble putting weight on (I know - i'm a B*****d)..... But it sucks when people refer to you as skinny, or ill looking.

Well, since cycling I've lost nearly a stone. I'm 11.1 at the mo, and would like to prevent losing any more - ideally get back to 12 stone......... Any Advice on what to eat etc.
Also - I play squash 3 times a week :smile:

Thanks

Whether you like it or not, 12 stone at 6ft puts you firmly in the upper end of the NHS height/weight chart. Friends will refer to you as 'skinny' as a way of saying you are thinner than you were - which you obviously are. They probably have no idea whether you are the correct weight for your height or not, they just know that you are thinner/lighter than you used to be. Unless the person who referred to you as 'ill looking' was a doctor, then I would probably dismiss that comment in the same way.

11 - 11.5st is pretty much where you should be for your height - especially if you are cycling and playing squash regularly.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Whether you like it or not, 12 stone at 6ft puts you firmly in the upper end of the NHS height/weight chart. Friends will refer to you as 'skinny' as a way of saying you are thinner than you were - which you obviously are. They probably have no idea whether you are the correct weight for your height or not, they just know that you are thinner/lighter than you used to be. Unless the person who referred to you as 'ill looking' was a doctor, then I would probably dismiss that comment in the same way.

11 - 11.5st is pretty much where you should be for your height - especially if you are cycling and playing squash regularly.
Referring to BMI? Your standards are slipping

OP
OP
C

c.baker51

Thanks for that, I just looked (probably should've before) at the NHS chart, and yes you're right - I'm bang in the middle of the green scale

stalagmike

Enormous member
BMI scale aside. If you want to appear less skinny then you need to put muscle on. And the way to do that is weights and protein. Don't go crazy though. Maybe change one of your squash sessions for a bit of circuit training in the gym. Concentrate on shoulders and arms if you want to get 'hench'.

vickster

Legendary Member
BMI scale aside. If you want to appear less skinny then you need to put muscle on. And the way to do that is weights and protein. Don't go crazy though. Maybe change one of your squash sessions for a bit of circuit training in the gym. Concentrate on shoulders and arms if you want to get 'hench'.
Does 'hench' mean 'like the missing link'?

OP
OP
C

c.baker51

Hahaha - i'm not looking to be "massive..!!"...... Just conscious that i'm burning a fair few calories at the moment, and wondering if others here had the same issue, and how they were dealing with it.
I seem to have stopped losing weight now, and have levelled out at 11.1. I'll be ok with that as long as I don't go below 11.....
Cheers guys

Top Bottom