NYE....grrrrrrrrrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
:crazy:Neighbour across the road letting off some fireworks in the front garden for their little one and friends.
The cat has his face almost stuck to the window watching what's going on. So nosey!
A stray rocket just flew over our house and wee Tommy jumped off his perch and bombed through to the bedroom to see where it'd gone, weird cat!
All quiet now, gone back to sleep.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We have had non stop fireworks now since 6.15pm and we are getting a bit hacked off about it. Dog's are in flitters - except for Millie-dog who is really deaf. Both the hounds are under the duvet. Little JRT is in her bed, under her duvet. They are all whimpering and whining. We've done the rescue remedy thing and wrapped all the dogs too. They have never been as bad as this before, then again, we've never had solid 2 hours of fireworks before.

Katherine

Guru
Easy answer, stay in and watch Jools Holland's Hootenanny.....that's what me and my wife have done the last few years, we enjoy it much more than going out, suffering the things you complain about and then being unable to get a taxi home, usually some good music too!!
Ditto

solitaire

Über Member
Luckily my dogs don't give a toss about fireworks,
if yours do, you gonna have to snuggle down with "em folks :thumbsup:
I shall be tucked up and asleep by the time the clock strikes 12, next to the one one person I treasure most.....my wife :smooch:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Luckily my dogs don't give a toss about fireworks,
if yours do, you gonna have to snuggle down with "em folks :thumbsup:
I shall be tucked up and asleep by the time the clock strikes 12, next to the one one person I treasure most.....my wife :smooch:
Mine don't normally. Millie-dog is bombproof. Our old Lurcher was too and the GSD before him. They seem to have learned off each other. This evening, however, it sounds like the fireworks are going off in our back garden and they seem a lot noisier than they did on Fireworks Night.

We are under the duvet with the dogs, watching the TV all snuggled now. Millie-dog is soundo (deaf as a post nowadays) the others have dozed off at last. We are inbetween firework displays I think. It went a bit quiet about 5 minutes back.

solitaire

Über Member
Mine don't normally. Millie-dog is bombproof. Our old Lurcher was too and the GSD before him. They seem to have learned off each other. This evening, however, it sounds like the fireworks are going off in our back garden and they seem a lot noisier than they did on Fireworks Night.

We are under the duvet with the dogs, watching the TV all snuggled now. Millie-dog is soundo (deaf as a post nowadays) the others have dozed off at last. We are inbetween firework displays I think. It went a bit quiet about 5 minutes back.
Love that :thumbsup:

Brandane

Legendary Member
We don't have fireworks round here, but that's probably because there is no one to let fireworks off. I won't be staying up long enough to see the new year in.
We don't have fireworks around here either. Tonight, as per usual, it is too wet to get the things lit. Even if they could light them, no-one in their right mind is going to hang about outside long enough to watch them! The wind would soon carry them out of sight anyway.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We don't have fireworks around here either. Tonight, as per usual, it is too wet to get the things lit. Even if they could light them, no-one in their right mind is going to hang about outside long enough to watch them! The wind would soon carry them out of sight anyway.

All the welsh farmers will be in the pub tonight. That's the best reason for staying at home and inside. Keep away from the nutter farmers

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
It is just another day. I detest the forced party mood and haven't been out on NYE since 1999. Millennium knocked it out of me - overhyped and over expensive plus a mate got disabled due to being beaten up by some p*ssed up morons. He tried to defend his sister from unwanted and aggressive male attention.

I am at home, with wife, children and dogs, all quiet at the moment and watching Fawlty Towers. No alcohol will be drunk tonight. Bed by around 11.30 I guess.

Providing my headache has subsided I will be fitting my new grips to the Giant and will be out for about 8.30 and aim to do a 25 miler.

Top Bottom