NYE....grrrrrrrrrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It is just another day. I detest the forced party mood and haven't been out on NYE since 1999. Millennium knocked it out of me - overhyped and over expensive plus a mate got disabled due to being beaten up by some p*ssed up morons. He tried to defend his sister from unwanted and aggressive male attention.

I am at home, with wife, children and dogs, all quiet at the moment and watching Fawlty Towers. No alcohol will be drunk tonight. Bed by around 11.30 I guess.

Providing my headache has subsided I will be fitting my new grips to the Giant and will be out for about 8.30 and aim to do a 25 miler.

And a Happy New Year to you too. :hello:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Cracking NYE
Picked up some friends and we went out with them and son#2 in Glossop. Went to a v nice pub with good beers, nice conversation. Walked home in plenty of time for Jools. Stuck some ace old tunes on the smart tv in the kitchen via youtube to get us all groovin'. Son #1 joined us (too young for pub) and laughed at the oldies busting some moves. Had some great nibbly food.
Watched Jools....thought Paolo Nutini absolutely rocked it. Watched the London fireworks on TV. Grooved to some more old tunes. Taxi took friends home at 2am, went to bed.

subaqua

What’s the point
another great night in. wifes brother and his mob turned up, we watched telly listened to music played some games and got thoroughly drunk. my head hurts too

Cyclist33

Does anybody else loathe and despise new years eve??

I HATE it, always have done, way overrated and overhyped, it`s that "you will spend hours with people you can`t stand, getting p*ssed and pretending you love them after the countdown (also a big joke), then stay up till 4am just because it`s NYE.

It`s another day:evil:

Don`t get me started on auld lang synexx(

Bah humbug NYE

.............................................................and breathe!

its not obligatory. i stayed in and watched The Flash season 1 over a couple of beers. bed at half midnight!

Em-Emily

Regular
Some miserable beggars on here.

We are off to friends after another friend had to cancel due to their lad being poorly. We've been offered a bed for the night at our friends neighbour (he's more like grandad to the kids and is always at their parties).

We've all split the food prep, car is loaded and we will be off soon.

PS Wiggo is on Graham Norton tonight, should be interesting.

Wiggo was pissed as anything, which made it amusing! :biggrin:

david k

Hi
Does anybody else loathe and despise new years eve??
I HATE it, always have done, way overrated and overhyped, it`s that "you will spend hours with people you can`t stand, getting p*ssed and pretending you love them after the countdown (also a big joke), then stay up till 4am just because it`s NYE.
It` another day:evil:
Don`t get me started on auld lang synexx(
Bah humbug NYE
.............................................................and breathe!

Totally agree, I wouldnt bother but for others and wanting to help them enjoy it.

Popped round to the local working club for a couple last night, was around 30 people in a room which can hold 100, nice and chilled out like any other day, would happily have spent the night there but had to get back home as i was the host!!!!!

Top Bottom