Nylon washer for 50mm pipe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I like Mac alpine. They have an internal collar which slips inside the next piece of pipe. So as long as there is a slight fall there is very little chance of leaking. You must support the pipes so they don't sag and pull the joints

I have spare tiles, I’ll build supports with them.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
@Milzy, just get any old cheap compression 40mm / 1/2" waste fitting and nick the rubber and back washer from it. Put the thin tapered end of the rubber washer into the mouth of the part marked NUFLOW on your photo, with the hard ring-like washer after it. Smear some silicone grease on the back nut threads. Do up back nut nut. ( The back nut is the bit with all the rounded grip ridges round the circumference)

Please support the horizontal pipe that drifts off to the right of your photo. It looks like this pipe enters the NUFLOW fitting at a crazily steep angle which simply asks for a leak.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
One thing fixed creates another problem with plumbing. The seal on the plug hole leaking now. Once you start moving things around it upsets all the other old seals. My brother in law says anything like that he will replace absolutely every single part to make sure. Seems a good idea.
For now I’ve put a bit of sealant in. See if it leaks tomorrow. It’s make do and mend for now but in the fall we’re having a complete new bathroom fitted.

Top Bottom