FNRttC October 6, 2017 - London to Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Made the 2138 train, so into Waterloo at 2249. Will lurk opposite Costa as usual...
I prefer to skulk around Pret but each to their own. Have a good ride all.

Resting at Gatwick. The Wetherspoons opened at 4!
IMG_20171007_040008.jpg
IMG_20171007_040503.jpg

swansonj

Guru
I live in Winchester. Have you been to Winchester!?!
My daughter busks in Winchester, looking cute with a friend and singing cute harmonisations of folk and show songs. She finds it easily worth the train fare to get there due to the cuteness-induced generosity of Winchester shoppers of a certain age :smile:

hatler

Guru
Safely back home. Great route. The contrast between Tooting and the South Downs as seen atop Devil's Dyke really is deeply striking. Even with the wind blowing and a bit of mist/rain there is a sense of wonder up there.

A good night on the TEC front. One self-sorted puncture (was that Mikeeeee ?), one rear derailleur adjustment required, two chains beyond the inner ring of the cassette (same bike as the derailleur adjustment) and one puncture on the final descent into Brighton. I think that was about it. Oh yes, other than that one of the plates on one of my pedals split in two so couldn't clip in on that side of the pedal. No real drama. That's the third time I've split one of those plates now. Clearly a design fault.

And for a targeted 8am arrival in Brighton I thought we did pretty well to be there by 8.20 given the size of the Costa queue at Gatwick.

Top Bottom