Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Ferruccio Lamborghini, founder of Lamborghini cars, was fascinated with Spanish culture. Nearly every car is named after a Spanish word, majority of them deriving from the name of famous bulls that killed a matador in a bull fight. This is also why their logo is a charging bull.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Ferruccio Lamborghini, founder of Lamborghini cars, was fascinated with Spanish culture. Nearly every car is named after a Spanish word, majority of them deriving from the name of famous bulls that killed a matador in a bull fight. This is also why their logo is a charging bull.
Many factoids are also related to bull

bruce1530

Guru
Ferruccio Lamborghini, founder of Lamborghini cars, had a business relationship with the similarly-named Enzo Ferrari. Most of their products were not commercially successful, apart from the Ferrero Rocher.

The original Ferruccio-Ferrari Ferrero Rocher had a 4.2 straight six engine, and could do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Ferruccio Lamborghini, founder of Lamborghini cars, had a business relationship with the similarly-named Enzo Ferrari. Most of their products were not commercially successful, apart from the Ferrero Rocher.

The original Ferruccio-Ferrari Ferrero Rocher had a 4.2 straight six engine, and could do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.

Extensively used by the Foreign Office of course.

Mods, i have to dispute the validity of this post, it was actually 3.6 seconds!

Drago

Legendary Member
Ferriuccio Lamborghini was a successful tractor manufacturer. He bought himself a Ferrari in the mid 1960's, and it was such an unreliable pile of poop that he sought an audience with Enzo Ferrari himself to lodge his complaint.

Ferrari, a notoriously difficult man, would have none of it. His parting shot was "well if you think you can do better then be my guest." Those words spurred an angry Ferruccio Lamborghini to try just that. Whether he did better or not is open to question, but it's fair to say that me had a damn good go at it.

Lamnorghini was a Taurus, and adopted the fighting bull logo accordingly. He named his cars as per Brother Diogenes explanation above.

My God...what have I done? Real facts have no place in the factoid thread!

classic33

Leg End Member
Ferriuccio Lamborghini was a successful tractor manufacturer. He bought himself a Ferrari in the mid 1960's, and it was such an unreliable pile of poop that he sought an audience with Enzo Ferrari himself to lodge his complaint.

Ferrari, a notoriously difficult man, would have none of it. His parting shot was "well if you think you can do better then be my guest." Those words spurred an angry Ferruccio Lamborghini to try just that. Whether he did better or not is open to question, but it's fair to say that me had a damn good go at it.

Lamnorghini was a Taurus, and adopted the fighting bull logo accordingly. He named his cars as per Brother Diogenes explanation above.

My God...what have I done? Real facts have no place in the factoid thread!
Lamborghini

Ferrari

Personally the Lamborghini wins hands down. Ferrari relies on engine weight placed forward of the front axle

Last edited:
Top Bottom