Oh dear - Electricity bill increase likely - Son's Gaming PC !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

green1

Über Member
I keep threatening to water cool mine but I've never got round to it. Get rid of all the fan noise and no more hoovering the inside all the time.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
You know that moment when you realise technology is passing you by? My wife just had a computer built for her and the specs I remember are: I7, DDR5, SSD, 2 x 4k 28" monitors, a Titan Black graphics card. I have very little understanding of what this all means except, I think I might find it a bit easier getting n+1 past her now ^_^

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You know that moment when you realise technology is passing you by? My wife just had a computer built for her and the specs I remember are: I7, DDR5, SSD, 2 x 4k 28" monitors, a Titan Black graphics card. I have very little understanding of what this all means except, I think I might find it a bit easier getting n+1 past her now ^_^

Check the bank balance !

young Ed

Veteran
by jeevus, you lot know your stuff! maybe i should try learning a bit about the computers i use daily?
i admit i really am crap when it comes to anything but straight forward internet, files and word usage :sad: although i can usually work stuff out by just clicking on buttons that feel right!

never liked gaming my self, not x boxes etc and have always hated tv's (never had one)

instead i enjoy hobbies such as cycling (i know what a strange hobby!), and shooting/hunting and stuff like that
Cheers Ed

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
oh boy this takes me back was a complete PC nut over 15yrs ago, built my own, overclocked them was obsessed with FPS on Quake 3 lol. Anyone remember Unreal Tournament another cracking game. Things moved on however when Wolfenstein came along followed by Medal of Honor ( loved that ) , Battlefield 1942 and then Call of Duty the original, was brilliant, story line everything. Gaming changed for ever after that, PC power requirements just leapt massively. Played all the WW2 type games for years online multiplayer was ace. However things slowed down when I then started playing World of Warcraft, no need to upgrade every 6 months and life effectively ended lol, became a WoW crack addict :biggrin: . That is where it ends, gave up that addiction and bought an Xbox instead and now never game, just cannot be bothered with it.

subaqua

What’s the point
friday night in Kwik Save in Mold. 9 the old kwikky not the new monstrosity that has now closed, Galaxian and asteroids were the machines round the corner from Liqoursave . mum and dad went shopping and I spent that time feeding the money i had saved from taking back Barr bottles to the newsagent. ( some of them may ahve been taken from the crates at the back TBH)

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
My Uncle is a cabinet maker\master carpenter.

About 6 years ago we were both made redundant and I suggested we go into business building bespoke cabin-bunk beds for kids rooms.

One of my grand designs was a boys cabin bed with a gaming pod underneath, complete with vertically opening door (on gas struts) full ventilation, gaming chair, surround sound, acoustic panels, led's and room for three screens. All you needed was to add your pc and peripherals (which we would mount).

In total I worked out we could build to order in around 14 days (including painting and graphics) and install the whole thing for around £3k(depending on the choice of chair) plus the cost of the rig.

Every time I describe this to anyone interested in gaming, I seem to get a positive "I would LOVE that" response.

Maybe working for an Architectural practice was the wrong move!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I was a huge Socom nut. Played til early mornings every night, made a couple of friends online (who I never met) and was part of the dream team clan...i played like that for about 4 years.
I was off work with a dodgy leg for a fortnight and was prescribed bedrest. I literally played 24 hours a day during that tine and started to dream socom. Later found myself walking down the street looking for sniper positions and scanning blind corners...it was a bizarre time

Then, just stopped, felt like I had wasted so much time and achieved nothing and haven't really played since. I had a go at Cod4 for a bit but didn't like the respawn ethic.

My playstation is now for the kids and gets a dusting once a week, otherwise isn't touched.

Top Bottom