Oh no... No O2!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The O2 network has crashed.
No data. Smombies wandering aimlessly, tapping screens in frustration.

:rolleyes:
I missed an important email from a client needing to talk about an order they want earlier than expected.

Your internet life may revolve around cycle chat posts but some of us use the internet for more important things.

I missed an important email from a client needing to talk about an order they want earlier than expected.

Your internet life may revolve around cycle chat posts but some of us use the internet for more important things.

Do you have contingency plans? You cannot rely absolutely on any technology. shoot happens.

I am told that, even in this day and age, if people want to talk they can use landlines, or send emails on laptops and desktops. At least they can out here in the sticks.

Sorry if you lost an order, but at least you knew by 08.52 that you had missed an email so could hopefully resolve the issue.

Do you have contingency plans? You cannot rely absolutely on any technology. shoot happens.

I am told that, even in this day and age, if people want to talk they can use landlines, or send emails on laptops and desktops. At least they can out here in the sticks.

Sorry if you lost an order, but at least you knew by 08.52 that you had missed an email so could hopefully resolve the issue.
Thank you, not critical but an inconvenience. All resolved now.

The difficulty is that no communication is foolproof. Email seems to be the most robust way as the server keeps retrying until it gets through. Unfortunately the sender doesn’t know if it has been received.

In London where 97.26% of all U.K. business is conducted, email is pretty good on the tube network as there’s WiFi in most stations. Sadly above ground it’s 4g and it was that 30 mins of taking kids to school, walking to tube and before going underground that no data was working. It’s rare I need to be online during that period but today I was.

Lots of infrastructure went down. For example all the bus display boards crashed. But the news outlets focus on the tweets of people upset about Facebook posts. This gets the non-working people all worked up about snowflakes and sillly updates whilst entirely oblivious to what has been quite a major outage for a number of people.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Imagine what's going to happen when those pesky Ruskies manage to disable the entire internet!

postman

Legendary Member
It could be a virus planted by Royal Mail.When i wer a lad people wrote to each other.And gentle giants walked the streets with a smile on thier faces pushing things through letter boxes,oh i remember it well.

London in chaos! People forced to speak to each other!

Is this the end of civilisation?
I spoke to one of the delivery drivers of s supplier this morning who wasn’t able to update his delivery schedule. It means he’ll drop about 10 deliveries today which will cost him money which I am fairly sure he’ll notice. I’m sure he’ll find your assessment funny though.

Thank you, not critical but an inconvenience. All resolved now.

The difficulty is that no communication is foolproof. Email seems to be the most robust way as the server keeps retrying until it gets through. Unfortunately the sender doesn’t know if it has been received.

In London where 97.26% of all U.K. business is conducted, email is pretty good on the tube network as there’s WiFi in most stations. Sadly above ground it’s 4g and it was that 30 mins of taking kids to school, walking to tube and before going underground that no data was working. It’s rare I need to be online during that period but today I was.

Lots of infrastructure went down. For example all the bus display boards crashed. But the news outlets focus on the tweets of people upset about Facebook posts. This gets the non-working people all worked up about snowflakes and sillly updates whilst entirely oblivious to what has been quite a major outage for a number of people.

A major outage, agreed. But as I said technology is not fail proof and will fail occasionally. Unless it is the end of the world then it is not the end of the world. Business has always been like that, but more so these days. Your contingency measures seem to be working and a test now and again will only serve to strengthen them.

Nobody sensible would revel in seeing businesses hit, but it still doesn't stop the schadenfreude towards the 'problems' of the many who who are obsessed by the trivia of mobile phone and internet usage.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not just 02 either.
The problem is also affecting customers of Sky Mobile, Tesco Mobile, Lyca Mobile and GiffGaff - which all use O2's infrastructure.

Top Bottom