Oh no... No O2!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
EE(BT) had a local outage last night. Took the data centre for some banks offline for over an hour.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
To be honest, this is the first outage I have had since swapping to Sky from EE.

Outages were a regular occurrence here with EE and I claimed compensation quite a few times, after spending days and even weeks with a signal.

Salar

A fish out of water
I'm on 02 and thought my work mobile was quiet today, just realised now I hadn't switched it on.........:banghead:

Couldn't care less, if people want me they can ring me on the phone which plugs into the wall.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Hadn't noticed - I'm on o2, but no signal anyway unless you stand outside in the middle of the road. None of the other networks are any better. It's just the way it is in vast areas of the countryside - arguably where mobile phones would be most useful. All my use is via wifi.

Reactions: mjr

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm on Tesco, which uses O2. Phone works, but text messages don't. Couldn't care less if the whole lot fell over, because I have important things to worry about. Like whats for tea?

Some people are frothing at the mouth at suddenly being unable to get their 4G fix. They need to grow man (or woman) up.

Who else reckons its the Russians attacking our infrastructure?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Some people just see opportunity. Just received this email -

Data problems hit O2 mobile network, have you been effected?
Millions of smartphone users in the UK have lost their data services after the O2 network suffered technical problems.

O2 has 25 million customers, but also provides services for the Sky, Tesco, Giffgaff and Lycamobile networks which have another seven million users.

If this effected you it did not need to happen !
Many of our phones are dual sim so when #02 went down (and still is) you could hit a switch and carried on with another network within seconds.

HOW MUCH TIME AND BUSINESS DID YOU AND YOUR CUSTOMERS LOSE TODAY?
For just £1 a month you could have had a back up.
http://www.onesimallnetworks.co.uk/

To find out more and to stop this outage ever effecting you please give us a call on 01327301667 for more details on dualsim phone and a UK roaming sim.

effected? affected?

I'm on Tesco, which uses O2. Phone works, but text messages don't. Couldn't care less if the whole lot fell over, because I have important things to worry about. Like whats for tea?

Some people are frothing at the mouth at suddenly being unable to get their 4G fix. They need to grow man (or woman) up.

Who else reckons its the Russians attacking our infrastructure?
There’ll be a few thousand zero hour contractors/drivers who’ll not earn anything today because they’re not getting any work today. These will include a large number of people who simply can’t affird not be paid for a day.

I’m sure they’ll take comfort in your indifference to what could be a very serious problem for them because as you no longer work then who cares anymore.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Honestly the consequences of a global fuse blowing are too frightening to contemplate. I'm being serious here and quite stupid as well.

subaqua

What’s the point
:laugh:
It could be a virus planted by Royal Mail.When i wer a lad people wrote to each other.And gentle giants walked the streets with a smile on thier faces pushing things through letter boxes,oh i remember it well.
I suppose it’s ironic that email is now used to relieve people of money unsuspectingly , when back in the day when the CWU would strike over s manager looking at you wrong and letters would fit for days longer before delivery , it was the royal mail staff who used to do that for you . :becool:
Postman-Plod.jpg

Top Bottom