Oh no... No O2!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by PeteXXX, 6 Dec 2018.

1. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

EE(BT) had a local outage last night. Took the data centre for some banks offline for over an hour.

2. Threevok

Threevok Carpe Rotam

To be honest, this is the first outage I have had since swapping to Sky from EE.

Outages were a regular occurrence here with EE and I claimed compensation quite a few times, after spending days and even weeks with a signal.

3. Salar

Salar Über Member

I'm on 02 and thought my work mobile was quiet today, just realised now I hadn't switched it on.........:banghead:

Couldn't care less, if people want me they can ring me on the phone which plugs into the wall.

Rusty Nails and Drago like this.
  4. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Hadn't noticed - I'm on o2, but no signal anyway unless you stand outside in the middle of the road. None of the other networks are any better. It's just the way it is in vast areas of the countryside - arguably where mobile phones would be most useful. All my use is via wifi.

mjr likes this.
  5. Drago

Drago Guru

I'm on Tesco, which uses O2. Phone works, but text messages don't. Couldn't care less if the whole lot fell over, because I have important things to worry about. Like whats for tea?

Some people are frothing at the mouth at suddenly being unable to get their 4G fix. They need to grow man (or woman) up.

Who else reckons its the Russians attacking our infrastructure?

6. Diogenes

Diogenes Guru

I've had to explain to my grandson that a home phone is like a mobile attached to the wall with a wire.

"Why would anyone want to tie their mobile to the wall with wire grandad?"

Dave7, Drago, dave r and 1 other person like this.
  7. classic33

Stop people walking off with it!

Diogenes likes this.
  8. Eddy

Eddy Guru

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9R7tISrHmulRIXLqC9RpBJzqjcghO8GXwfYK6KHvJCbOe-fK8.jpg

9. Diogenes

Diogenes Guru

Some people just see opportunity. Just received this email -

effected? affected?

Threevok, Drago and classic33 like this.
  10. Salar

Salar Über Member

infected?

11. classic33

Global Mobile Communications Ltd 01327 301667 / 01327301667,
    16 Sheaf St,
    Daventry,
    NN11 4AB

12. There’ll be a few thousand zero hour contractors/drivers who’ll not earn anything today because they’re not getting any work today. These will include a large number of people who simply can’t affird not be paid for a day.

I’m sure they’ll take comfort in your indifference to what could be a very serious problem for them because as you no longer work then who cares anymore.

13. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Honestly the consequences of a global fuse blowing are too frightening to contemplate. I'm being serious here and quite stupid as well.

Drago likes this.
  14. subaqua

subaqua Guru

:laugh:
    I suppose it’s ironic that email is now used to relieve people of money unsuspectingly , when back in the day when the CWU would strike over s manager looking at you wrong and letters would fit for days longer before delivery , it was the royal mail staff who used to do that for you . :becool: Postman-Plod.jpg

Moodyman and Drago like this.
  15. Drago

Drago Guru

Neanderthals like me will carry on as if nothing has happened. There are some advantages to being a caveman.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice