Oh no... No O2!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I missed an important email from a client needing to talk about an order they want earlier than expected.

Your internet life may revolve around cycle chat posts but some of us use the internet for more important things.
I've never relied on my iphone for emails, I prefer wifi access on a laptop for work and then the office computer linked to the network , [I suppose I've got the phone as an extra back-up + vice-versa!].

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
My Tesco mobile still not right - it's bliss!

Mine was still struggling to send / receive texts all day yesterday and the data connection was painfully slow. Seems OK today.

... resulting in network disturbances for a limited number of customers in multiple countries using two specific software versions of the SGSN–MME

Apologies for snipping your post down (and thanks for posting it), but this mealy mouth faux apology about a "limited number of customer" really grinds my gears - pretty much everyone on O2 and the linked networks was affected and the world knows it, so attempting to downplay their Computer Studies 101 failure is frankly taking the urine. As was them repeatedly stating it was only affecting data when there were widely reported call and text issues as well.

On a marginally happier note, I got a text from Tesco Mobile this morning, advising that as an apology I'll get 2GB of "free" data added to my allowance in January.
While this is nice I never get anywhere near my data allowance anyway, so it's a bit like offering a vegan a free meal at Estabulo Rodizio...

D

Deleted member 1258

Tesco have been in touch, they're giving me a 2 gig data bundle to use in January, the problem with is I'm unlikely to use it. I'm on a contract and get three gig of data to use in a month, but I barely use half of that so having 5 gigs to use is a bit of a waste of time.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
If urgent or critical you ring someone and speak to them. You know you have managed to make contact straight away. Email should be for less time critical stuff. Only using email with no fallback plan is just stooopid.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Apologies for snipping your post down (and thanks for posting it), but this mealy mouth faux apology about a "limited number of customer" really grinds my gears - pretty much everyone on O2 and the linked networks was affected and the world knows it, so attempting to downplay their Computer Studies 101 failure is frankly taking the urine. As was them repeatedly stating it was only affecting data when there were widely reported call and text issues as well.
You are not Ericsson's customer. Only a small number of Ericsson's customers were affected. It's their customers' customers that's the big number. Still a bit of a silly thing to say and the call/text problems seems fair comment.

classic33

Leg End Member
You are not Ericsson's customer. Only a small number of Ericsson's customers were affected. It's their customers' customers that's the big number. Still a bit of a silly thing to say and the call/text problems seems fair comment.
I'm an Ericsson customer. Having bought two handsets directly from them.

Top Bottom