Oi! Take your gel packets home with you!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No and no.
and that will forever be known as the post where @winjim denies being a tosser...

winjim

Smash the cistern
Why offer an explanation then?

Does having a reason for unacceptable behaviour male the behaviour less unacceptable? Or does it mean you shouldn't feel the consequences of your actions?
You obviously disagree with my actions on this thread yet here you are asking questions to try and understand it.

keithmac

Guru
Anybody who drops litter is either lazy or has no respect for other people (or both!).

It boils my p1ss.

My workmate years ago picked up a load of McDonald's litter dropped out of a car (possibly a taxi?), and pushed the bag back through the drivers window.

Should be done more often!.

Cigarette butts are another annoyance.

JoshM

You obviously disagree with my actions on this thread yet here you are asking questions to try and understand it.

Let's not say disagree with your actions, especially since you've clarified you are not a tosser! Rather lets say confused as to why someone would offer a rationale apparently defending a course of action they don't condone or partake in and go no further and I wasnt sure if I was missing the point you were trying to make.

I'm certainly not having a dig at you personally, and unreservedly apologise if I've given that impression.

stephec

Legendary Member
Already been done, as a kid in the sixties my main source of income was collecting all the discarded pop & beer bottles and taking them to the newsagent/off licence to get the deposit back.
What about shinning over the back wall of the shop to liberate the empties you took back earlier, then taking them to a different shop down the road?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Let's not say disagree with your actions, especially since you've clarified you are not a tosser! Rather lets say confused as to why someone would offer a rationale apparently defending a course of action they don't condone or partake in and go no further and I wasnt sure if I was missing the point you were trying to make.

I'm certainly not having a dig at you personally, and unreservedly apologise if I've given that impression.
You haven't given that impression at all :smile:. I'm mainly just being silly, but within the silliness there are a few serious points.
  1. This subject crops up from time to time and always leads to several pages of people pointing out how naughty it is to drop litter, which is quite frankly stating the bleedin' obvious and rather boring so I'm having a little fun.
  2. Gel wrappers are fiddly and messy, and this is maybe one reason why people drop them, especially if they are pretending to race so daren't slow down to sort it out properly.
  3. Only by attempting to understand bad behaviour can you hope to address it. This does not mean you have to excuse or condone it. That was the point I was trying to make above when I said you were asking questions of me. It's probably a bit heavy to apply to this situation but by then I was committed to the thread so in for a penny, in for a pound.
  4. I refuse to take seriously any thread predicated on an article from the Daily Mail.
  5. Winky face ;)

Lpoolck

Veteran
Anybody who drops litter is either lazy or has no respect for other people (or both!).

It boils my p1ss.

My workmate years ago picked up a load of McDonald's litter dropped out of a car (possibly a taxi?), and pushed the bag back through the drivers window.

Should be done more often!.

Cigarette butts are another annoyance.

I was just saying the other day how dropping cigarette butts seems a socially 'acceptable' form of littering as most smokers I have seen and I know drop them, even those who are against littering!

There is no excuse for littering, including gel wrappers...sticky, difficult to put back in pocket or whatever lame excuse there is. If your fingers are sticky, squirt your water from your water bottle onto them and wipe on your shorts. Job done.

The original post was about the London Duathlon, which is a race. The cost of cleaning should be included in the entry fee.

Does the Mail have articles in April about "litter lout runners"?

brighton-uk-12th-april-2015-discarded-paper-cups-at-a-drinks-station-EKM4TC.jpg

Top Bottom