Old but new again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Hello, my name is Sam and I’m not new, as you’ll see if you hover over the link to my profile. But I am newly active.

I’m here for a good time, and am grateful CycleChat is still around as a playground. Some of the moderators already know me as the one who occasionally reports his own posts to say “Please delete this” or “Would you mind terribly editing this for me? My 5 minutes are up.” (Sorry, mods.)

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m an oddball.

View: https://youtu.be/NTnfOzqyDY0

For example, I still don’t do likes. I often post in the middle of the night, when I'm invariably already up and busy at the keyboard, or about to go for a ride or a walk.

I’ve written for both The Guardian and The Telegraph but actually think the Daily Fail is in some ways more honest than both. Or at least more fun. (I don’t buy any of them and only visit when an interesting link sends me that way.)

CvW0jZE.jpg

A rabbit shares my house. He even started his own Twitter account, but has already moved on to other projects.

00f18IT.jpg

*All* my bikes are singlespeeds. I believe that pedalling is the lazy man's coasting. I use toeclips. I’m a loner who likes company from time to time.

I have intestinal malrotation, which means that while in the womb I must have been distracted by something and failed to pull my guts inside in a well-ordered way (your insides start outside). I’m in a biracial marriage, which isn’t particularly odd, but does make me yet another minority of a sort.

Last but not least, I’m American

ZSkvUTh.jpg

though I’m also British, having picked up citizenship a while back.

CDOBywK.jpg

Finally, I'm pleased to meet you. Again.

:welcome:back!

Top Bottom