Old C+ Ben from Warwick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Andy in Sig said:
There's also Ravenbait's League of Gentlemen Cyclists site which is very good humoured. That started as a part of the C+ site. I wonder if it would make sense for it to merge with this one as I suspect both would be enriched.
File that one under 'Interesting' Andy....
The League started as a section of A*F but moved to it's own site shortly after. It was always intended to be a separate entity, I really don't think merging it with CC would be a good or desirable idea.

Dave5N

Über Member
Chuffy said:
The League started as a section of A*F but moved to it's own site shortly after. It was always intended to be a separate entity, I really don't think merging it with CC would be a good or desirable idea.

I agree Chuffy. Different sites have different characters. That's one of the things that makes the web interesting.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Dave5N said:
I agree Chuffy. Different sites have different characters. That's one of the things that makes the web interesting.
...as I was saying the other day to "Mandy" on gender-reassignment.org
:cry:

Smeggers

I liked Joe Saecco with his Porsches and stuff - where's he now?

Stonecastle had me amused for many months too - wasn't he a homeless Nazi or something?!

Pete

Chuffy said:
I think there was more to it than that! A bit of 'personality clash' was there not? I have never taken much interest in the 'League' as you call it, a quick glance once in a while. Seems to be mostly composed of people who know each other from elsewhere. I'm trying to avoid using the 'c' word here since I have no evidence.

Pete

Jaded said:
Interesting idea - let's merge all the forums together!
I, for one, would find it quite interesting if we could somehow bring about a merger between CycleChat and ACF. There is a lot in common. But I don't see that ever happening...*

*possibly I'm one of the reasons it will never happen...

Dave5N

Über Member
Pete said:
I, for one, would find it quite interesting if we could somehow bring about a merger between CycleChat and ACF. There is a lot in common. But I don't see that ever happening...*

*possibly I'm one of the reasons it will never happen...

Interesting, perhaps. Desirable? I don't think so.

Pete said:
I think there was more to it than that! A bit of 'personality clash' was there not? I have never taken much interest in the 'League' as you call it, a quick glance once in a while. Seems to be mostly composed of people who know each other from elsewhere. I'm trying to avoid using the 'c' word here since I have no evidence.
There was a bit more to it (yes, there was a clash, in part over whether I was welcome in the League's section of A*F when I was definitely persona non grata with the site owner. A bit like having your landlord tell you that he doesn't want certain people who he doesn't like in your rooms) but that's history and not really relevant to this thread, I only mentioned it to correct Andy's assumption that the League (as an entity) was originally part of C+.
A merger with CC and A*F? No thanks...

simonali

Guru
Chuffy said:

Seconded. Can someone rubber stamp this and ensure no-one suggests it again? ;)

I had a little looky see at the League earlier and, whilst I recognised a lot of names over there, it did seem a little too cosy for latecoming interlopers (like what I would be) to feel welcome. Had a few laughs at some of the threads, though!

simonali said:
Seconded. Can someone rubber stamp this and ensure no-one suggests it again? ;)

I had a little looky see at the League earlier and, whilst I recognised a lot of names over there, it did seem a little too cosy for latecoming interlopers (like what I would be) to feel welcome. Had a few laughs at some of the threads, though!
It is cosy, but you'd be very welcome. It is a lot quieter than big forums like this one and perhaps a little less restrained.

As for a merger of here and A*F, well, seeing as the two occupy opposite ends of the forum management spectrum I suspect that a merger of any kind would be bloody unlikely!

Pete

Dave5N said:
Interesting, perhaps. Desirable? I don't think so.
Chuffy said:
simonali said:
Seconded. Can someone rubber stamp this and ensure no-one suggests it again? :biggrin:
Chuffy said:
As for a merger of here and A*F, well, seeing as the two occupy opposite ends of the forum management spectrum I suspect that a merger of any kind would be bloody unlikely!
simonali said:
I thought we'd agreed not to mention it again? ;)
Chuffy said:
Bugger, so we did! Oopsy....:blush:
Sorry I spoke! Makes me feel like I'm a sort of Frankenstein. I was only mooting a vague idea gnawing at the back of my mind.

Top Bottom