Old guys and superbikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclintom

I decided that I am too old to be riding superbikes. So I put my 2012 Madone with manual Dura Ace (R9000), my 2018 Emonda with Ultegra Di2 and my 2015 Colnago CLX 3.0 with Dura Ace Di2 on the market. No one has any money so they are likely to be on the market for a long time. After they do I will consider selling the Look KG485 with manual group that weighs 16 lbs. It isn't like everyone on the road isn't faster than a 76 year old. And there isn't a lot of Extra Large bikes in high demand.

Drago

Legendary Member
Why are you too old to ride a 'superbike'?

If you can get your leg over it, and you enjoy it, then ride one.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I decided that I am too old to be riding superbikes. So I put my 2012 Madone with manual Dura Ace (R9000), my 2018 Emonda with Ultegra Di2 and my 2015 Colnago CLX 3.0 with Dura Ace Di2 on the market. No one has any money so they are likely to be on the market for a long time. After they do I will consider selling the Look KG485 with manual group that weighs 16 lbs. It isn't like everyone on the road isn't faster than a 76 year old. And there isn't a lot of Extra Large bikes in high demand.

You would be surprised: there is a massive shortage of nice bikes currently. Retailers are selling whatever they can find in most cases.

Hope they sell, but just that you're 76 it doesn't mean you shouldn't ride something nice.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Just wondering why you think you are too old?
Why buy something inferior to ride when you have a good stable of great bikes?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'm not sure what a super bike is? When I'm looking for a new bike I buy the best I can afford for the intended purpose. Longevity is a factor so I expect to be riding these in my 70s.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
An age is just a number? What does it matter what bike you ride.
And as others have asked. What is a superbike?

D

Deleted member 26715

I am not too sure what a superbike might be,
I'm not sure what a super bike is?
There is only one true Superbike, the Honda Fireblade, the rest are just mere imitations that jumped on the bandwagon.

Top Bottom