Old guys and superbikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
How about a super invalid carriage with go faster stripes?

would that work on a Zimmer frame.H

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I can understand your logic, but think it through first.

I didn't need to buy a carbon road bike as my first bike in 30 years. But it was cheap and I liked it. It's totally wasted on me - I ride it for five miles at a time, slowly. But what a lovely 5 miles it is. If you like your bikes, if they are comfy to ride, if they spark joy - that's all that matters. Don't get rid of something you enjoy just because it doesn't seem 'sensible' at your age. Or just sell one and keep the one you like best.

iluvmybike

Über Member
I ride with guys in their 80s and many of them have top drawer bikes. Age is irrelevant. Don't wish yourself 'old'. According to the latest WHO categories you still fall into 'middle-aged'! :

"World Health Organization (WHO) had declared that 65 years old is still considered young. Before, based on the Friendly Societies Act (1875) in Britain, old was defined by age of 50. The UN has not adopted a standard criterion but lately 60 years old was referred as the border age to the word “old”. However the health organization had done a new research recently, according to average health quality and life expectancy, and defined a new criterion that divides human age as follows:

• 0-17 years old: underage
• 18-65 years old: youth/young people
• 66-79 years old: middle-aged
• 80-99 years old: elderly/senior
• 100+ years old: long-lived elderly"
:laugh::bicycle:

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
The way I see it, the lighter & quicker my bike is, the fatter and slower I can get away with being. And older.

Top Bottom