Olive oil for the gears and chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not just olive oil but extra virgin olive oil. :smile: I couldn't find my bike lube yesterday,so i put a spoonful of the stuff on the chain and gears. It stopped the squeaking and grinding,giving a smooth running sound. Have any of you used it on your tackle and if so what do you reckon?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You are Marlon Brando and ICMFP.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You are Marlon Brando and ICMFP.
Close but that was a pat of butter as I recall. :ohmy:

Not just olive oil but extra virgin olive oil. :smile: I couldn't find my bike lube yesterday,so i put a spoonful of the stuff on the chain and gears. It stopped the squeaking and grinding,giving a smooth running sound. Have any of you used it on your tackle and if so what do you reckon?

Campagnolo runs better on it I think.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
It will attract dirt really well, but it's probably fine as a fallback when you have no chain oil.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Accy, are you going to wipe off the excess oil and add it to your beef stew?

S-Express

Fair play, just when I think your questions couldn't get any more preposterous, you always manage to find a better one...

alicat

Legendary Member
Just pop by the doctors and mention you've been considering using washing up liquid in a front loader, adding dog food to your stew, buying a car when you need a bus pass for your poor visibility, trespassing at your ex-wife's and putting olive oil on your bike chain ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom